• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body cutting roadrunner 1969

oscar holland

Reaction score
when i bought it looks good but i decide to cut of underpart of the rear fender and under side of mid section
Former owner was a plumber i think went to pur foam what holds water and make it rust i wonder what kind of other home inprovment parts i gonne find ( forgive me my englisch but if
I write dutch ......)

55992971-E373-4C1C-8A50-DFB7DD34BB6C.jpeg

5300D13C-038B-41AA-A7D3-370880EDD1B7.jpeg

B557EF59-28AA-4C12-9D25-17251D9A79F5.jpeg

FAB52300-4071-46A9-BF6E-88E0A625065C.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
What the heck was this guy thinking. Sorry to see this is what you found. Buyer beware. I have a runner that is in my shop now and have replaced about Three Quarter of the car's sheet metal. Had to order a hole inner rocker to replace a piece that was at the back wheel well and under the back pop out window. Too far gone to patch so made a patch panel out of the rocker I ordered. Look's like you got your hands full. Good luck in any language it is bad when you find these type of problem's. :thumbsup:

dmartin

Reaction score
If I were you Oscar cut along the very bottom edge of the break line then you want have a as noticeable patch

ricks_RR

Reaction score
when I did mine the rear quarter on one side had wall plaster then used Velcro to hold it all in .

oscar holland

Reaction score
It is like tressure hunting duck tape sillicone (iron eater!) as long as it is cheap people use it
NoW i try to rebuild the bulk connector
I there a place where i can order the connetor wiring i can do my self
Greetings from a stormy rainy 15 meters below sea level netherlands

ricks_RR

Reaction score
with the bulk connector I took the power wire ( red )and drilled a hole thru the bulk head and put a quick disconnect on the inside under the dash .
that connector is small to carry that current if it spikes .you cant tell by looking at the bulk head . all the other wiring going thru the bulk head I just cleaned very good and did an OHM'S resistants' . they sell the contacts that fit in that bulk head so if they look bad change them saves in the long run .

oscar holland

Reaction score
What i see is that the red wires who go to the amp meter where toasted also the connectors in the bulk where toast try to get my hands on a new bulk connector thanks for the advise get the dash back tomorrow from the painter.....

dmartin

Reaction score
Hey Oscar if it were me I would replace all the wiring cause if you don’t you will eventually have a fire and no more car cause it is always better to be safe than sorry big guy

oscar holland

Reaction score
Oke i find a wire eatimg gremlin in the dash the wires from the amp meter where toast and killed the ones arround as well gone take out all of them keeps me from the street........

quikbird

Reaction score
Start with a new wiring harness. Get rid of the bulkhead connector, and definitely get rid of the ammeter.

Back