• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bonneville Speedweek

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got back from Speedweek at Bonneville Speedway in Wendover Utah. Bonneville is one of those things you have to do once, well I wasn't all that excited to go. I have a friend that owns a land speed car. Its a AA blown gas lakester. It has a 10 liter Arias Hemi in it and they are trying to go over 315 mph in it. It has been as fast as 325 but it kills the motor every pass. It is mechanically injected and has the biggest Whipple supercharger, pretty much uncharted territory. Well I was invited to go and help crew on this car and my friend was brought along to engineer the fuel system which they have been working on for one year. The team has been going to Bonneville for 40 years or more with other cars and have been chasing the record in this car for 6 years. This team is full of great guys and we a blast every day even though we worked our asses off. The pictures dont do this place justice. So over the week (since last Thursday) we went 301 (average) in the 5 miles. The motor was still running good and the tune up is progressing. We had one run that was awesome and the motor backfired after the 2 mile marker. That run it was going 297 mph at the 2 mile marker! The highlites from the week were seeing the Daytona run over 250 mph! It holds 3 records now aand is really impressive. Blowfish has to be the most incredible car I have seen to date, and while we were checking it out Troy Trepanier came over and introduced himself and shot the breeze for over an hour. This guy is so down to earth and nice, I was kind of blown away by it. Speed Demon was also there, which brings me to the most incredible part of the trip. Speed Demon went 406(!) on the morning that we left. I can't put into words the feeling of being 100 yards on the salt when that Speed Demon goes whizzing by! Enough gab here is the link to my pics and I have video so I will see if I can post it to youtube. Enjoy.

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/ss17 ... ek%202010/

moparchris

Reaction score
Lets try this youtube thing. [youtube:1obt8g5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBel6CW0XtE[/youtube:1obt8g5w]

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very Cool, Chris! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Did the AAR run or was it just somebody's wheels?

moparchris

Reaction score
They were from Canada, I didn't see them out on the salt (thank god) and I never saw them again. That was the parking lot of the local grocery store. I was blown away to see them there. If you have ever thought about going, do it.

moparchris

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I just heard the story about the K&K Daytona from an old timer out there. I have yet to see the worlds fastest Indian, however there was a poster on the wall at the Salt Flats Cafe of Burt Munro and his Indian. It had a quote written on it and it said "I lived more in those 5 miles than most people do in their whole lives".

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Thanks for the pics. I just heard the story about the K&K Daytona from an old timer out there. I have yet to see the worlds fastest Indian, however there was a poster on the wall at the Salt Flats Cafe of Burt Munro and his Indian. It had a quote written on it and it said "I lived more in those 5 miles than most people do in their whole lives".
go rent it great movie :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great pics Chris. That looks like it was a lot of fun going out there. Thanks for sharing!!! :thumbsup:

Back