• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought Me A Road Runner - Like to Understand the Fender Tag

kruegerti

Reaction score
Guys - I am new to your group - but an old Mopar Guy. I just bought a 69 Road Runner and was hoping that someone could decode the fender tag. Also what Galen Govier books are worth getting for decoding fender Tags. Thanks for your help

2015-12-18 11.52.42.jpg

kruegerti

Reaction score
Vin Tag Decode Part 2

Guys - Sorry here is a better picture of my vin tag. Hopefully this one is easier to see

69 Road Runner.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Wait... Did Ray do some moderatin'?

Holy crap!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to put on your plaid sport coat and get to work... :basketcase:

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Welcome to the fold, kruegerti! You got yourself a pretty cool Bird there. Here's how it breaks down.

B7 = Bahama Blue
HTB = Blue Interior w/ Decor Group
609 = Looks to be a June 6th build date car (if I'm reading it correctly)
H51 = Air Conditioning
M21 = Roof Drip Rail Moldings
R11 = AM Radio
V7B = Blue Accent Stripe
26 = Radiator Core of 26'
END = END of fender tag options

You got yourself a fairly rare car in that its B7 and features a V7B accent stripe. I've never seen this combination before, even though it's recommended in the sales brochure. Does the stripe remain on the car? I've only seen one other V7B optioned car and that was on a W1, HTB equipped convertible. Is the car still unrestored? Post Pics!!!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I think we should start some crap so he'll have to do more.....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
sounds like someone is enjoying retirement already....

A31PKG

Reaction score
Looks like you have a June 6th St. Louis-built 383 automatic bench seat Road Runner hard top in medium blue metallic non-vinyl top with air conditioning and a longitudinal stripe (cant make out the color code from your pic) with an AM music master radio....B7 is a cool color and somewhat rare....In 1969 there were 48,549 total RM23's built with 24,351 being 383 automatics. Yes the GG books are very useful, suggest buying them all.

Last edited:
Back