• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Lights Stuck On

69RNR

Reaction score
So I noticed my brake lights were stuck on the other day. I looked underneath and checked the pedal. I see that when the pedal comes back up it engages the pin (mine doesn't) so the lights go off. I also noticed some type of boot at the firewall. Looks rotted and corroded. My assumption is that it helps to lift the pedal back up to engage that pin. Is this correct or should I be adjusting the brake pedal height? Thank you in advance for how to pursue this.
61247b4b1d8b8236f1c81fc278ee60e3.jpg
9a26cd399cd97fc221002a4acf47ef88.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
There is no brake pedal adjustment.
What you need to do is adjust the stop lite switch to meet the pedal arm when it's up.

Look on the side and see a bolt and you can see the slot that when you loosen the bolt it will slide and then you make adjustment.

That boot can be bought but, you would need to pull the m/c rod out to replace it and not enough room to do it with the m/c in the car at least not for me.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Think some thing must be worn. Is their adjustment on the switch. Have you replaced the master cylinder may be bad return spring. I assume you have good brake's not soft. Hope this help's. Russ.:wave:

69RNR

Reaction score
There is no brake pedal adjustment.
What you need to do is adjust the stop lite switch to meet the pedal arm when it's up.

Look on the side and see a bolt and you can see the slot that when you loosen the bolt it will slide and then you make adjustment.

That boot can be bought but, you would need to pull the m/c rod out to replace it and not enough room to do it with the m/c in the car at least not for me.
That's awesome! I saw that on the side. I'll try that first. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back