• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake lights wont go off dangit

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Got new suspension parts on and took mt car for a ride. Drives good but now i gotta have a steering box . I tightened it to the max and still has too much play.

Anyway got home and the brake lights wont go off. Where to start?

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Also check the parking brake return spring. If the p brake pedal doesn't return all the way it will also cause the light to stay on.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The brake light switch can be adjusted. Yes check the parking brake light might have to tighten up you parking brake cable under the car. :thumbsup2:

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Is it the tail brake lights that stay on, or the dashboard parking brake light?

Brake light. Never had a problem with it til the last drive. I didnt look at it yesterday because it was too dang cold. Car is in a warm garage but it was windy and cold in SE TN. 16 last night .

Russ Hood

Reaction score
I believe its the switch. Now one light went off. Crazy the switch doesnt release. Gonna fool with it some more. Cant believe its 55 out.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Contact cleaner then WD 40. Which one is it the brake pedal light switch. Got a new one and it sprung apart on me and had to put it back in and twist it so it would stay together. Darn after market junk.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Contact cleaner then WD 40. Which one is it the brake pedal light switch. Got a new one and it sprung apart on me and had to put it back in and twist it so it would stay together. Darn after market junk.

Yeah the brake pedal switch. Same thing happened to mine. I ordered one.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That could be the problem for sure. Why we cant get good product's I don't know hit and miss on buying parts. Good luck my friend and wish you the best on fixing the problem. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Back