• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake master cylinder ID?

cj69RR

Reaction score
Anyone recognize this brake master cylinder setup? Having some issues from it and need to replace or repair it. Years ago Dad had someone convert from Drums to disc in the front. Both lines from the master to the proportioning valve are the same size. Front rotors measurements are about 10 1/2 inch diameter from what I measured with the sliding brake calipers. Thanks in advance.F11CFE99-D0D2-419D-A99D-8A3CF1FF5F68.jpegC06A701E-0316-41C4-A54D-283EAC43450C.jpeg25BBC2E0-C59A-4DF1-97B9-5089B898FE59.jpegimage.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Do not think the 70's ones had the plastic reservoir. I could be wrong. Should be a number on it to cross reference it so you can get part's or a new one.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The booster and master are aftermarket, I think Mancini racing might sell that master.

cj69RR

Reaction score
Found out it was a kit from CPP. Waiting to hear back from them to verify what master cylinder I will need. Also confirmed it has the 11 inch discs.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Have had to rebuild the booster my self before. The diaphragm had a hole in one I did and another had a split in it. Hope your problem is in the master cylinder. Easy enough to fix. Good luck. :thumbsup2:

cj69RR

Reaction score
Well I got the 80 master cylinder just had to bore out the mount holes so it would fit. Bleed the master and installed it. Tried to bleed it for a few days but kept getting air. Got a set of plugs for the master and pulled the proportioning valve and went through it. There was a small piece of something in it I believe that was the cause of all my issues. Air/valve not centering for proportioning valve. Got it bleed and will give it a few days and verify it’s all good.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes that is all it takes is a small object to get into the system. Wish you the best of luck and hope you have the problem solved.

cj69RR

Reaction score
Well weeks later and besides all the other issues along the way I found it ended up being a front caliper bleeder that was the air in the system issue. Thing would not seal up even with new bleeder. So got a new caliper a few weeks ago and bleed them and been good since. Never had a bleeder that would not leak but suck air.
Good thing is now have a good master cylinder on the shelf and plugs to troubleshoot system.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
This sound's like it was a real hassle. So glad you found the problem. Something that small can just drive you up the wall. You know every thing is new and trust the company's that sell us these part's to work properly. Good job buddy. Now you can get back to driving that runner. :thumbsup2:

cj69RR

Reaction score
It was aggravating because it is a simple but it’s got the full run down and now 100%! About to order a new set of wheels I think and even considering jumping up to the 12 inch rotors and get the caliper brackets for them? But plan on login some miles in it.

cj69RR

Reaction score
Raining here today so staying in garage. Need a day to just chill. Helped my buddy yesterday on his 63 corvair turbo and been busy days at the house after work this week.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes some kind of tropical wave has engulfed Fl. Even getting wet here in central fl. Got to keep looking into the tropic's have two system's headed our way. Your rite up their where that system is. Stay dry buddy. :thumbsup2:

Back