• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Shoes

69B7RR

Reaction score
Nearing completion of a refresh of the rear axle & want to replace the rear 11x2-1/2 bonded shoes.....69RR, HD 11x3, non self adjuster drum brakes. The present shoes, possibly original, are a mixture of Bendix & Aimco-Canada. Was considering replacing with Bendix RSR 446, however, the hole for placement of the the round parking brake lever pivot stud, located in the upper shoe portion, is now square, vs round as needed. Has anyone used these? Other brands, such as Raybestos 335PG, and Wagner Z335, have the round hole as original to accept the round parking lever pivot stud. What brands do u guys recommend/use for original style shoe replacement? Thanks.....Jim

Last edited:

HD539

Reaction score
I used brake shoes from a company called “Muscle Car Brakes”. No issues with fitment and the quality seemed very good. I did my brakes last spring, it was the first time I’ve done brakes on a RoadRunner in ~30 years.

I’m sure others will comment, lots of experience and knowledge on this forum.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I might have a set with the hardware kit to sell I have to dig into my stash and look.

69B7RR

Reaction score
This man has everything
Hope your right RKNRLR. Was also gonna do a bit more research on Musclecar brakes as suggested by HD539, but I’ve been busy with the daily distractions of life. I’d like to stay with the original type 335 style shoes. Probably end up just going with with a name brand like Raybestos or Wagner. But got time, still needing to finish up the refresh of the rear axle....Jim

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
DSCN1385.JPG DSCN1386.JPG Here is what I have
self adjuster kits all 4
shoe spring kit both fronts
wheel cylinders both rear
front shoes 11x3 both sides
master rebuild kit
all from year one which is over priced but we have a Thanksgiving special

69B7RR

Reaction score
View attachment 29371 View attachment 29372 Here is what I have
self adjuster kits all 4
shoe spring kit both fronts
wheel cylinders both rear
front shoes 11x3 both sides
master rebuild kit
all from year one which is over priced but we have a Thanksgiving special

69hemibeep......Thanks for the consideration & effort, especially on a Saturday morning. I tried to catch u with a PM before leaving to discuss what u may have. Hope u didn’t make a special trip. Re the shoes, I need the rears. My original WC’s are rebuildable & the hardware is in good shape. Again, I appreciate your effort & consideration. If u were closer, I’d buy u breakfast.........Jim

RKNRLR

Reaction score
69hemibeep......Thanks for the consideration & effort, especially on a Saturday morning. I tried to catch u with a PM before leaving to discuss what u may have. Hope u didn’t make a special trip. Re the shoes, I need the rears. My original WC’s are rebuildable & the hardware is in good shape. Again, I appreciate your effort & consideration. If u were closer, I’d buy u breakfast.........Jim
Rockauto.com has been pretty good to me for stock brake replacement parts. Because Ive bought from them a few times, i get an update every now and again letting me know that some of their suppliers are closing down and fireselling some old parts. Always pick me up a bunch of gaskets, hoses, springs etc for dirt cheap.
Happened to get 4 wheel cylinders last time which came in real handy about 2 weeks ago - ad to do a brake job after having no licence for 7 months - unbelievably, non-bird related.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sorry to here of your bad luck RKNRLR with you driving Licenses. Yes when younger lost mine several times. Just could not keep my foot out of the gas. Speed was a need back then for me. Plus loud pipes and illegal equipment. :steering:

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Thanks Russ. I feel like im getting better though. Lost it 7 or 8 times before I was 25. Now Im 34, first time I lost it in almost 10 years. "A vast improvement", i told the judge. she didnt buy it.

Back