• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brake trouble

Loon69

Reaction score
recently purchased 69 roadrunner it has power brakes but they are lousy< they appear to be new(SSBC) Iattemted to check my vacuum and broke the check valve on booster can't find compatible one anywhere and SSBC doesn't answer tel!To add to my frustration the vacuum is 11 inches does that mean I need a vacuum booster for brakes? any suggestions really appreciated

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Sorry your having problems with the brake system know you would rather be driving that runner instead of working on it. Never had to have a booster on my cars. The engine always provided enough vacuum to the application. Look into summit racing or classic industries. Russ. PS maybe the guys are at the car show's selling their product's.

Rich B

Reaction score
For sure Russ, we never cared about stopping anyways but just going faster lmao......

Back