• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Breathing fresh life into a 70 RR

Reaction score
This is what I'm starting with. She was a copper 383/auto car with column shifter bench seats and factory A/C. She has little to no rust and comes with most of the parts missing in the photos as well as an aftermarket air grabber hood. She will head to the body shop early Sept. To be made pretty in Toxic Orange paint.
I will keep this updated as much as I can!
6426.jpeg 6425.jpeg 6423.jpeg 6416.jpeg 6435.jpeg

Reaction score
Seems to be a good project indeed!
What are the plans for her?

It will be a restomod more or less, the engine is still up in the air... I keep going back and forth between a stroked 440 and a stroked 6.4 Hemi, the tranny will be a modern 5 or 6 spd auto and paddle shifters on the steering wheel, the interior will be modern stuff as well as the suspension but the wheels will be custom made old school!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So it will be a drag car more or less rite. Are you going with all new interior. Or will use what ever will work. This stuff in side the car is as expensive as the body panel's. I keep waiting to buy something for this car that dose not cost an arm and a leg. Yep the car looks pretty solid for what you got for pic's. Don't know where it is at but the climate must be pretty good their for metal to sit out side. It also look's like your missing the pop out window's and some trim. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress. :kartman: Well it is beer thirty some where so where is my beer assistant???###!!!%%&*#@

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
It will be a restomod more or less, the engine is still up in the air... I keep going back and forth between a stroked 440 and a stroked 6.4 Hemi, the tranny will be a modern 5 or 6 spd auto and paddle shifters on the steering wheel, the interior will be modern stuff as well as the suspension but the wheels will be custom made old school!

Sounds like serious stuff are going to be in the car! She will be another beauty on this site. Can't wait to see the progress.

In my opinion I would go with the 440, nothing can beat the sound of an old big block Mopar! Can't get tired of that mellow sound!!

Reaction score
Sounds like serious stuff are going to be in the car! She will be another beauty on this site. Can't wait to see the progress.

In my opinion I would go with the 440, nothing can beat the sound of an old big block Mopar! Can't get tired of that mellow sound!!
I agree about the sound for sure! Originally I was thinking about auto crossing it a bit in the good guys series, but now they've changed the rules from 72 and older to 87 and older.... I'm extremely competitive and an RR NO matter what you do to it is never gonna compete with an 81 WS6 Trans Am much less a C4 corvette! So now it going to be a well handling street car that sees the stag strip from time to time! I the series raced out west I'd build the car for the FAST racing series but that's an east coast thing...

Reaction score
So it will be a drag car more or less rite. Are you going with all new interior. Or will use what ever will work. This stuff in side the car is as expensive as the body panel's. I keep waiting to buy something for this car that dose not cost an arm and a leg. Yep the car looks pretty solid for what you got for pic's. Don't know where it is at but the climate must be pretty good their for metal to sit out side. It also look's like your missing the pop out window's and some trim. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress. :kartman: Well it is beer thirty some where so where is my beer assistant???###!!!%%&*#@

I'd call it a well handling street car that sees the stag strip once in a while. As for the interior it will become a bucket seat car with modern seats and the back seats upholstered to match. 90% of the of the missing parts do come with the car, the previous owner started tearing it down to restore it but lost interest.

Reaction score
Icing on the cake bonus!!!!! Just learned that the cars was originally sold in MT. And now she's coming back home!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes that is what I am doing to the car I have also. Bucket seat's console,four speed. It was a four speed car but some one put an automatic trans. Also was floor shift and someone put an after market floor shifter in and it was junk. So I am with you on the bucket seats. Bought Pro Scatt bucket's. Have pic's in a forum here and they look grate and feel good they also recline. You get a chance check them out they fit the cab really well. Just have to get my seat cover shop to match the back seat to the bucket's. Like I said good luck with the project. It would be grate to see how you do through out the build keep us up to date with lot's of pic's. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
6520.jpeg Here's a good pic of the engine bay, I'm amazed at how there's no rust!

Last edited:
Back