• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bullet turn signal indicators-fender mounted

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
can anyone walk me thru replacing the bulbs in the fender mounted turn signals?

The amber lens screws in, a large flat bladed screw driver is supposed to work but most are so old and dry they break.The bulb is in the lens and there are replacements out there

DSCN0259.jpg

Last edited:

djais1801

Reaction score
Ok I'm confused-it seemed that straight forward but I talked to a guy that sells replacement lenses and hardware-he told me you have to remove a set screw underneath them...so basically you have to take them off the fender to replace the bulb...that didn't make sense to me.
The amber lens screws in, a large flat bladed screw driver is supposed to work but most are so old and dry they break.The bulb is in the lens and there are replacements out there

snook

Reaction score
You do not have to remove from the fender but as stated earlier, if they are old, good chance they will break. Use a large flat bladed screwdriver and take your time.

djais1801

Reaction score
mine are faded, and crusty looking, the driver side works, the passenger side inop. I was gonna order the lenses/bulbs and the guy told me it might need new wires too, that I should disconnect first to make sure? I am gonna WD40 it, and go slow...it looks fairly simple...um like changing a light bulb lol.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Once it is unscrewed the rubber O-ring will try and hold the lens in, I used real narrow long nose pliers or large tweezers to pull it out. I wouldn't remove the signal or wires unless you find it all corroded inside

69RNR

Reaction score
Okay, so I know this is an old post, but I'm just putting these bullet fender blinkers on. It has taken me quite some time to find washers and o rings that fit into the original parts. Still need the lamps, but I'll worry about that this weekend. Ordered new gaskets and if all goes well I can install these blinkers this coming weekend. I'm embarrassed to ask this (I'm learning) but where do the existing wires wire up to? I noticed they have what appears to be a "plug in" attachment at the end of the wire. (Don't look at my gas bill!)

As always, your help is greatly appreciated!

Pete

20170114_183531.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Okay, so I know this is an old post, but I'm just putting these bullet fender blinkers on. It has taken me quite some time to find washers and o rings that fit into the original parts. Still need the lamps, but I'll worry about that this weekend. Ordered new gaskets and if all goes well I can install these blinkers this coming weekend. I'm embarrassed to ask this (I'm learning) but where do the existing wires wire up to? I noticed they have what appears to be a "plug in" attachment at the end of the wire. (Don't look at my gas bill!)

As always, your help is greatly appreciated!

Pete

Did the car have the light package? If so there will be a single wire in the front light harness that goes into each fender. If not, I don't think it will be found in the harness. The bullet is grounded at the mount nuts

69RNR

Reaction score
Did the car have the light package? If so there will be a single wire in the front light harness that goes into each fender. If not, I don't think it will be found in the harness. The bullet is grounded at the mount nuts

I was told that it did. The fenders have the mounting holes in them. Not sure if they are the original fenders or not. I purchased the car a couple months ago, just in time to store it for winter. However, I keep picking at it little by little replacing missing parts (nuts, bolts, interior pieces, etc.). I just want to leave work now and go look!

I'll have to take a look tonight and see!

Thanks,

Pete

djais1801

Reaction score
Mine has the light package and Bob is correct. however I did remove them from the fender, removed the set screw(allen key) and pushed them out the bottom. The wiring does feed on each fender side from the wiring harness. there are disconnects 1/2 way up to the mounting point.

This is who I got everything from:
http://www.krusinmoons.com/reproductionproducts.html

69RNR

Reaction score
Okay, so I looked briefly last night (16 degrees in my bathrobe - LOL) and didn't see any plug in attachment within the harness. The existing harness was wrapped pretty good with electrical tape. Maybe it's covered under the electrical tape??? If not, do they make a harness that wires into the existing harness or am I going to have to buy all new harnesses for the lights? If they do, I hope it comes with a pretty detailed wiring schematic 'cause this will be the first time I've done this and I'm not very smart.:confused::confused::confused:

djais1801

Reaction score
i'd say i'll take pics of mine, but i'm not laying on a cold garage floor to take the plastic dirt flaps off...(not that I don't like you ;) I don't have the room it's a tight fit. maybe someone else can add a pic.

69RNR

Reaction score
i'd say i'll take pics of mine, but i'm not laying on a cold garage floor to take the plastic dirt flaps off...(not that I don't like you ;) I don't have the room it's a tight fit. maybe someone else can add a pic.

LOL! No worries! We're all friends here!! I hope I can get to the point where I have done enough to my car that I can be of service to someone else and pay it forward.

Pete

69RNR

Reaction score
Maybe I need to buy this? One end plugs into the wire coming off the turn signal under the fender and the other plugs into the existing harness??? Just wondering if I need to buy another harness to make it work...

Turn Signal Wires.jpg

djais1801

Reaction score
yep that's what it looks like
Maybe I need to buy this? One end plugs into the wire coming off the turn signal under the fender and the other plugs into the existing harness??? Just wondering if I need to buy another harness to make it work...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

I think that is the ones from the bullets

69RNR

Reaction score
I think that is the ones from the bullets
Here is my blinker. It looks like it needs a female to plug into [emoji1] . That other picture looks like the female on one end and a harness on the other. If that's the part I need I just need to find where the harness plugs into right? Or....maybe I'm way off....
d68d02c580e23e18a1fe162945cc8644.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

69RNR

Reaction score
Okay, so i put on my big boy pants and crawled under there! Brrr! Its cold here in Utah! Here's the connection from the existing blinker to the existing headlight. So not quite sure how to get these bad boys to work. Any ideas? Should I punt? Hang on. Can't figure out how to post the pic from my phone.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back