• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bumper guard's

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
They were optional, but could be had a number of ways, Front Only, Front & Rear and ordered as an accessory package over the parts counter. They were mostly found on GTX's and Satellites and Sport Satellites, NOT many RR's ended up with em. Here is some pictures and the correct placement of them.

69guards rear.jpg

69guardsfrt.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is what I thought. Thanks for the picks. How do the bone's look on the car. Around the back window is the worst area. As well as the floor pan's. Look's like the bumper's will clean up. Russ

dmartin

Reaction score
Hey Russ I think that some Ford’s and a few Chevys had them especially up north cause when it broke down your hands would not freeze to the bumper later they added heated bumpers

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
That is what I thought. Thanks for the picks. How do the bone's look on the car. Around the back window is the worst area. As well as the floor pan's. Look's like the bumper's will clean up. Russ
Russ that is not my car it is one of the pic's off the net...it would be a great canidate for an adam 12 or Land of the Giants Police car though! :)

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
Hey Russ I think that some Ford’s and a few Chevys had them especially up north cause when it broke down your hands would not freeze to the bumper later they added heated bumpers
I dunno know about your area but around here the rear bumpers on the Fords and Chevys simply fell off LOL we used to joke that when they sold em new that there was a pair of bungy cords in the trunk for later down the road you used them to hold up one side or the other of the bumper...True story many back in the day had the rear bumpers held up with bungy cords...

The Mopars rear bumpers did not fall off...BUT many A-Bodies and a few B Bodies turned in what we affectionately called "Leaners" LOL when one side or the other of the torsion bar mounts let loose...in some cases you had "Dual Leaner" which gave the funny car look going down the road...bobbin along off the lower front control arm snubbers...and even better when the rear frame and trunk floor rotted out the rear leaf springs would come thru and poke into the trunk sometimes up to the deck lid LOL...these were called "Shooting Stars". I remember a buddy and I bought a Gold 67 Barracuda fastback 273 Hipo 4 speed it was rotted to death(dual leaner) but ran like a raped ape. He was setting on one of our freeway exit ramps waiting on the light(with me behind him) and he did a Grand Holeshot taking it up and dumping the clutch and I swear to you must of left 5 pounds of rust and dirt and metal on the ground...it was Hilarious!!!

dmartin

Reaction score
Yeah the bumper guards make it look like a grandma car

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
After seeing the pic's with the bumper guards think I will leave them off. Don't see cars with them now day's any way.

Back