• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burn outs

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Since my wife and myself decided to do away with satellite TV I've been watching alot of YouTube, several videos of people leaving car shows and doing burn outs,, there alot of people clueless on doing burnouts !!! I was a lead foot back in my youth with my 68

ricks_RR

Reaction score
most people dont know there car and what it will do . they just put the pedal to the metal . then you have the people that know exactly what there car will do and how it handles. then that happens its nice to see and hear

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
Back in my drag racing days (early 60's through mid 70's) I was pretty good at staging and moving ever so slow in my lane while a huge plume of smoke rose above the backside of the car... now those were burnouts!! I had several cars that I built and raced, including my first 69 Road Runner; a 50 Chevy with a monster Oldsmobile big block with dual quads and even drove a front engine dragster for a while. Other than at the strip, I didn't do many burnouts... didn't want to wear out my tires. If I was to nail my current Road Runner I'd likely just sit there while the rubber wore to the rims... it's a 509 stroker, that bench-dyno'd 757 hp and 787 lbs of torque. I think at the rear wheels it would be about 660 hp

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
One time... had a friend that still races cars (much younger than me). We put a pair of slicks on the back and on 91 octane pump gas it turned 10.34. I think on E85 it would easily do 10.00 if not breaking into the high 9's. The primary reason for the good time is the Gear Vendor under/overdrive unit that splits the gears providing six forward gears. NOTE: the suspension is crazy stiff so launching is a breeze.

Back