• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a Non-Airgrabber Hood Be Retrofit?

Dan Kiewicz

Reaction score
If I have a std hood can I buy the Air Grabber kit, including screens and clips and modify my existing hood? Is a direct bolt up or are the N96 hoods different?

Thanks!!!

Dan ...

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Do you want the pop up grabber or have the fresh air through the call out badges. Top Right of the page you see search box. I have typed in what I wanted to search and found old forum's and discussion's on fact's. Wish I could be more help. :thumbsup2:

Ranger

Reaction score
Pretty sure that it would be a direct bolt up (on the '69 at least). Can't imaging the factory making two different hoods. That said, be sure you are sitting down when you price out the parts.

RonLiv

Reaction score
It was my personal experience with my 1969 non air grabber hood that it was easily converted. The hood was already set up for accommodating the duct work. The screens in the air vent's were easy to swap in. I had to swap out the 2-speed wiper motor for a 3-speed. Believe it not, that was the most difficult thing to find all the parts for. I was warned by others who tried the Re-Pop duct work to not go that direction. So I found the OEM stuff and it was easy, everything lined up perfectly.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Don't forget the air cleaner. The base is different for engines and intake manifolds. If you have a 440 with high rise you need a very short base if it fits, a stock 440 is available they were used in the GTX

Dan Kiewicz

Reaction score
It was my personal experience with my 1969 non air grabber hood that it was easily converted. The hood was already set up for accommodating the duct work. The screens in the air vent's were easy to swap in. I had to swap out the 2-speed wiper motor for a 3-speed. Believe it not, that was the most difficult thing to find all the parts for. I was warned by others who tried the Re-Pop duct work to not go that direction. So I found the OEM stuff and it was easy, everything lined up perfectly.

So the wiper motor also has to be swapped?

Dan Kiewicz

Reaction score
Pretty sure that it would be a direct bolt up (on the '69 at least). Can't imaging the factory making two different hoods. That said, be sure you are sitting down when you price out the parts.

Lol!!!! Yeah, I'm figuring around $1,600 to $2K. I know it's not cheap, but it is a performance enhancement.

Dan Kiewicz

Reaction score
Do you want the pop up grabber or have the fresh air through the call out badges. Top Right of the page you see search box. I have typed in what I wanted to search and found old forum's and discussion's on fact's. Wish I could be more help. :thumbsup2:

Not the pop up. The old Coyote Duster using the hood bezels.

RonLiv

Reaction score
You can see the three speed wiper motor behind the Air Cleaner and how it tilts off to the side so the Air Cleaner lid will fit.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So do you have to buy a different windshield wiper motor set up to do that. Or Can ours be twisted with out buying something different.

RonLiv

Reaction score
So do you have to buy a different windshield wiper motor set up to do that. Or Can ours be twisted with out buying something different.
No Russ, the 2 speed motor cannot be altered, you need the 3 speed one

Back