• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I afford to drive my runner?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well had my 68 birthday yesterday. Looking back at the year's and that is why I restored the 69 runner. Use to see them on the road and wanted one for sure. Like most of you remember the gas lines back it the day when the Oil embargo was on. Lines up and around the gas station. Odd and even day's. Now fast forward to today and wonder if I can afford to drive the car of my dream's. Living on a fixed income and have to figure out where to spend my money wisely. Hope that we can get back the freedom we had back a year and a half ago when fuel prices were so much better. It is a shame that we are being forced to decide to be green or just be out of the loop. Think all of us want to do our part to help the environment and do our best to do just that. Is our cars the biggest problem or are their bigger problems to be considered. We cant go back in time and drive a horse and buggy for sure. We all can't ride bikes to work or walk. Sitting in traffic and not having it flow on our supper highway's may be a bigger part of the problem than we may know. How much fuel is spent in stop and go traffic? If we have to go to electric cars the where is that sound of the muscle car motor that we all love. Or what if I go over the 200 miles on a charge and how long will it take to charge the car so I can go another 200 miles if I am on a long trip. I see that One hour charge on most electric vehicles only gives me 37 mile and it would take a least 6 hours to fully charge the batteries. OMG. Well another year behind me and moving into the future hope I can enjoy the sound of my car and dive that four speed Roadrunner down the road for a few more year's.

V.R.D

Reaction score
:bday:
well Russ happy b-day the one thing about us car guys . you can convert to e-85 around 3 bucks a gallon or go methanol 2.50 a gallon and car runs cooler also but sitting is the problem and some other parts degrade / dissolve

Jack R

Reaction score
Just filled up my bow tie car. That hurt at 6.20 for premium. happy birthday and get out with your car, don’t go as far As last time.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thank you all. I say it is just another day. LOL. Use to work on it before retired and guess what worked on my tractor all day till evening time. Then had my son and his wife over with all my grand kid's. That made the hole day for me. So much for the golden Year's. :thumbsup2::beep::drinks:

1968 man

Reaction score
Well had my 68 birthday yesterday. Looking back at the year's and that is why I restored the 69 runner. Use to see them on the road and wanted one for sure. Like most of you remember the gas lines back it the day when the Oil embargo was on. Lines up and around the gas station. Odd and even day's. Now fast forward to today and wonder if I can afford to drive the car of my dream's. Living on a fixed income and have to figure out where to spend my money wisely. Hope that we can get back the freedom we had back a year and a half ago when fuel prices were so much better. It is a shame that we are being forced to decide to be green or just be out of the loop. Think all of us want to do our part to help the environment and do our best to do just that. Is our cars the biggest problem or are their bigger problems to be considered. We cant go back in time and drive a horse and buggy for sure. We all can't ride bikes to work or walk. Sitting in traffic and not having it flow on our supper highway's may be a bigger part of the problem than we may know. How much fuel is spent in stop and go traffic? If we have to go to electric cars the where is that sound of the muscle car motor that we all love. Or what if I go over the 200 miles on a charge and how long will it take to charge the car so I can go another 200 miles if I am on a long trip. I see that One hour charge on most electric vehicles only gives me 37 mile and it would take a least 6 hours to fully charge the batteries. OMG. Well another year behind me and moving into the future hope I can enjoy the sound of my car and dive that four speed Roadrunner down the road for a few more year's.
Happy Birthday Russ

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Russ!

MoparDan

Reaction score
Happy birthday Russ. I would like to believe that it will start getting better in November.

70 B5

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Russ,Just hit $10 gallon over here for 95ron which is equivalent to your 91,apparently measured differently over here.New government just in,green leaning,and now talk of restrictions on emissions for registration.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Russ,Just hit $10 gallon over here for 95ron which is equivalent to your 91,apparently measured differently over here.New government just in,green leaning,and now talk of restrictions on emissions for registration.
Vote them out when you get a chance.

Back