• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I fit a six pack under a regular 69 RR Hood?

Rocket

Reaction score
The car is a 69 RR with a 440 and I want to put a six pack in her without the six-pack hood. Will it work? i did a search fro "six pack hood" and couldn't find anything. It's probably because it has such an obvious answer.

mcmopar

Reaction score
This car is owned by someone from the Brat Pack club over on the east coast of FL and is at the Garlits show quite often. It has a 440 6 BBL setup under the stock hood.
[attachment=0:27rdc1dd]Garlits 2004 105.jpg[/attachment:27rdc1dd]

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was kinda thinking that would work since the six barrel air cleaner base mates to the bottom of the hood (I'm talking stock A12 set-up here) - so it seemed to me like it should - but I had never done it nor seen it so I figured it best just to keep my yap shut...

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I was kinda thinking that would work since the six barrel air cleaner base mates to the bottom of the hood (I'm talking stock A12 set-up here) - so it seemed to me like it should - but I had never done it nor seen it so I figured it best just to keep my yap shut...

Why start now :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

The only question in my mind was which one of you was going to be the first to say that... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":1do9la4v]I was kinda thinking that would work since the six barrel air cleaner base mates to the bottom of the hood (I'm talking stock A12 set-up here) - so it seemed to me like it should - but I had never done it nor seen it so I figured it best just to keep my yap shut...

The only question in my mind was which one of you was going to be the first to say that... :lol:

:jester:[/quote:1do9la4v]
Throw me an easy pitch and I'm swinging at it :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":1zso0hkr]I was kinda thinking that would work since the six barrel air cleaner base mates to the bottom of the hood (I'm talking stock A12 set-up here) - so it seemed to me like it should - but I had never done it nor seen it so I figured it best just to keep my yap shut...

:jester:[/quote:1zso0hkr]
Throw me an easy pitch and I'm swinging at it :lol:[/quote]
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: both fit in the air grabber too

Rocket

Reaction score
That's a relief. Thanks for the info guys.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":1h23n8sv]I was kinda thinking that would work since the six barrel air cleaner base mates to the bottom of the hood (I'm talking stock A12 set-up here) - so it seemed to me like it should - but I had never done it nor seen it so I figured it best just to keep my yap shut...

:jester:[/quote:1h23n8sv]

Bob beat me to it! :lmao:

zupanj

Reaction score
Throw me an easy pitch and I'm swinging at it

I thought you guys didn't like baseball. :pot:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
zupanj said:
Throw me an easy pitch and I'm swinging at it

I thought you guys didn't like baseball. :pot:

That's Gary that you're thinking of...and he doesn't like volleyball or soccer...but he's a HUGE Football and Baseball fan... :lmao:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yep, I've seen it done a number if times.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Yep, I've seen it done a number if times.

...the six barrel set-up under a stock hood...or Bob knocking one out of the park when I let my guard down...??? :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":27hddvi0]Yep, I've seen it done a number if times.

...the six barrel set-up under a stock hood...or Bob knocking one out of the park when I let my guard down...??? :lol:

:jester:[/quote:27hddvi0]
I was going to say the same thing earlier but I am smart enough not to mess with the Big guy :yesnod:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":3olmvnl7]Yep, I've seen it done a number if times.

I was going to say the same thing earlier but I am smart enough not to mess with the Big guy :yesnod:[/quote:3olmvnl7]

I'ts not like I haven't had my avatar ranking changed before... :lol:

Besides, weren't you the one giving him all of the grief about being wrong about the rear speakers...??? :devil: :lol: :devil:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:jester:[/quote]
I was going to say the same thing earlier but I am smart enough not to mess with the Big guy :yesnod:[/quote]

Besides, weren't you the one giving him all of the grief about being wrong about the rear speakers...??? :devil: :lol: :devil:

:jester:[/quote]
So I caught him once, he gives more tech info than most anyone out here and that's the only slip up, pretty damn good. But he won't let it go. :toetap: Is my nose brown enough yet, I can keep going, about what a great administrator he is, husband, father, pet owner. "Man of the year" that's what he is :yesnod: :D

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":17new041]

I was going to say the same thing earlier but I am smart enough not to mess with the Big guy :yesnod:

:jester:[/quote:17new041]

I think you may have the record for most changes! :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

So I caught him once, he gives more tech info than most anyone out here and that's the only slip up, pretty damn good. But he won't let it go. :toetap: Is my nose brown enough yet, I can keep going, about what a great administrator he is, husband, father, pet owner. "Man of the year" that's what he is :yesnod: :D

Chris, I think we've finally found Superman's Kryptonite... Next time he starts trying to guilt us into a back-pedal for some smart-a$$ post just bust out the "You :acme: Big John" riposte and he can no longer leap over tall buildings in a single bound... :lmao:

ACME

Back