• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb issue with Edlebrock

72plymouth

Reaction score
Having problems with this 750 carb not ideling down after warm up period....... I can open the hood hit the linkage then it goes to ideal...... get back in and drive 15 miles then it sticks again! Any ideals? Any help would be helpful!:disturbed: this is a new carb!

cj69RR

Reaction score
Any linkage rubbing? What kind of choke is on it? Or the fast idle linkage not coming off fast idle?

72plymouth

Reaction score
Electric choke! Its stuck on hi ideal........ nothing binding as I move it freely with my hand....... do I need to adjust the electric choke?

Ranger

Reaction score
Definitely back off on that choke adjustment. I tweaked mine a dozen times till I got it just right.
The Edelbrock manual says to adjust the choke plate to a .100 gap when cold, but I found about double that seems to work better for me. Be sure to back off the high idle screw before adjusting the choke, and then set your high idle after the choke is set.

Last edited:

snook

Reaction score
Make sure that the big screw that goes through the idle cam linkage in to the base is tight. If it's loose or backs out that can mess it up.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I suppose after 8 years, I should get around to hooking up my choke.....

Back