• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars & Coffee

RonLiv

Reaction score
So I go to this Cars and Coffee thing near my house I saw advertised. Thought it might be fun, I haven't been to many car shows. Since it was only about 5-minutes away I wind up being the first one there. Maybe I have a little to much enthusiasm, I don't know. I pick a nice shady spot under a tree, park the Roadrunner, I got the dog with me, set up a little fold out chair in the grass and fill his water bowl, and I wait for the parade of cars to come in. About 1/2 hour later I had 10-Porche's parked to my left, and another 7 of them to my right. Then the Ferrari's start to show, the Thomas Magnum car was cool but I was told the least valuable of the lot, a Pantara, and a slew of BMW M's of all years, shapes and sizes. Then finally the oldies roll in, I don't know this era very well, but they look like cars Al Capone drove, at least in the movies. I did see one with a badge that said "Duesenberg" if that tells you anything, and some 1940's woody car thing. At last my buddy shows up, two hours late, in his Buick GSX with a 455 that has a Carburetor big enough to cover the top of the engine and some ridicules CAM in it that makes the car sound like its about to blow up when he's trying to idle. Everyone has their ears covered when he pulls in. Huge rear tires that nearly rub in the back, and these skinny jobs up front that seem like they will collapse under the weight of the big engine. But anyway made me feel a little more comfortable.

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
:rofl:Yea that is a shame. Who would have thought the guy's with B-P-D in the car's name. Just drank coffee. Thought they where the Expresso bunch. Or the high dollar Mustard. Hope your buddy did a burn OUT and smoked them all. :beep: Out the way slow poke's Runner coming through.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Everyone was cool, and I do like to look at the eye candy. But frankly the Roadrunner was the most popular car there. I mean when you got 10- 911's or what ever they were all parked in a row, just different colors then a Big Block MOPAR with the hood up showing off that Air Grabber, everyone bypassed the little cars and came over to have a look. I gave them all a little "meep meep" when I pulled out to go home.

ricks_RR

Reaction score
hi Ron
that's awesome when people walk right by all the other cars to see a road runner .been there and seen it meep-meep

TOMRR

Reaction score
I took my 69 RR a few years back to a show in the next town over, All I knew at the time there was a car show going on. When I got there early to fine a good place to park I was told it was a British car show. I was the only Muscle there, Meep Meep. Had a Good Time and got a lot of Looks !!!

dmartin

Reaction score
I like it when you go to a Chevy and Ford show and your the only Mopar there everybody asks me why didn’t you restore a Mustang or Camaro I always tell em that everybody else has one besides a Mopar is totally different and look better to me, that’s my opinion and I welcome yours

RonLiv

Reaction score
I like it when you go to a Chevy and Ford show and your the only Mopar there everybody asks me why didn’t you restore a Mustang or Camaro I always tell em that everybody else has one besides a Mopar is totally different and look better to me, that’s my opinion and I welcome yours
LOL I was at an all Mopar show last weekend. This guy pulls in in a 65 Chevelle, really nice car, takes out his little poster, lifts his hood and starts to wipe down his car. He parks right in the middle of the driveway right next to my Roadrunner. He doesn't even notice he's the only non Mopar he's so into what he's doing. Everyone is just kinda looking at the guy. Eventually one of the event staff pulls him aside and says something to him. Apparently the guy was out for a drive and saw the show and thought he'd pull in. It was funny.

dmartin

Reaction score
I don’t know if this usually happens to you or it’s just me but most of the Chevy and Ford guys won’t give you the time of day just stuck up jerks

RonLiv

Reaction score
I don’t know if this usually happens to you or it’s just me but most of the Chevy and Ford guys won’t give you the time of day just stuck up jerks
Haven't really noticed that, but I'm kinda new at this car show thing. I do like to give the mustang guys shit though. Always try to have a copy of this with me and put in the guys car.

upload_2018-7-2_7-39-39.png

moparchris

Reaction score
I knew EXACTLY who he was talking about. Still can't believe that you two yahoos left me standing there with that clown... Well, then again... :icon_fU:
Best time ever!!! When are we going to do something like that again?? Oh don’t forget your birthday dinner!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
We should do a reunion. What about Fall Fling, I think that's Ray's birthday again

Back