• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chasis DYNO Results

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally got my Runner into the dyno. Great results. Some build details:

440 stroked to 505
10.5:1 CR
Eddy RPM Performer Aluminum Heads CNC ported from Hughes Engines
TTI headers and exhaust
Quick Fuel 950 Double Pumper
Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller XR-286HR-10
Eddy Performer RPM dual plane intake
MSD Ignition
Tremec TKO 600 5 speed
Strange S-60 posi with 3.54 gears (their version of the Dana 60)
Timing at 34 full advance I believe

First pull was 525 HP and 585 TQ to the rear wheels. The whole place went nuts. We were thinking MAYBE 425 to 440 to the wheels.

NOW, the new problem is vapor lock. Fuel getting WAY too hot. Need a heat shield and a full return system. Maybe somehow insulate the Mallory electric fuel pump as well. The engine installer put the fuel filter directly in front of the electric fans, so the hot air blows right on it. Gets so hot you can't even hold your hand around the filter.

It was highly recommended to me to get either octane booster or use VP Racing's 110.

Anybody out there had fuel temp issues? How did you solve it?

Thanks,

John

Ranger

Reaction score
Mine was not as bad as yours, but I did have fuel boiling after shut down. I tried the insulating sleeve on the fuel line, but that was no help so I removed it. I added a few more gaskets to the carb to help insulate it, but that was not much (if any) help. I think what helped the most was going from a 190 (factory) thermostat to a 180. Now that I think about it, I can't say as I've heard the fuel boil since. That said, I never had a vapor lock, even sitting in a traffic jam at the Power Tour before these mods with engine temp reaching 230.

P.S.
Impressive dyno results.

stevo

Reaction score
nice numbers for sure!
not sure if this will help but....the turkey pan i am using blocks off the hot air ports from the stock heads that go to the bottom of the carbs through the intake...if that makes sense.
I am using stock heads and a ch24 manifold on my 440.
I have also used stick on heat shield on the bottom of my intake.
this might be overkill, but i had some around after another project.
good luck

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sounds like you need heat shield. They make insulation for the fuel lines. Move the Fuel filter to a different spot like to the fender well near the radiator support then use flex line to the carb. Think this will help keep fuel cooler. Where is the electric fuel pump at tank or in front. We had a 440 had mechanical fuel pump we used a heat shield for the fuel lines and raped them with insulation as well. We had vapor lock but it was because of the high rise manifold so we went to mid rise and solved the problem. Just some thoughts let us know what fixes the problem. :beep:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Why is your electric pump hot? They are designed to push from the rear not pull!

Back