• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome back form chrome shop.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So here is the tail light bezels and the shifter. They turned out awesome. Very happy with the job. Did they have a black stripe on the bezels. Or should they just be left chrome. Their is dust on one that make it look funny. But they are really clean no pitting. IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0102.JPG IMG_0103.JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So droptop it look's as if you did this. What was the process with the new chrome for it to adhere to it. Did you have to rough up the chrome for the paint to stick. Appreciate the info. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just to add the shifter that Hurst name turned out really good also. One chrome company said that might not be readable but this looks original. So happy with the result's to say the least. Got all this done for 400 buck's and know it will all fit the car being original.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I used 1/4" green masking tape then a 3M scotch Brite to scuff it, it doesn't take much. Just get comfortable and take your time maskingroadrunner restoration 876.jpg

Jack R

Reaction score
Bezels look great. I have 3 sets with 2 Bezels that I hope can be restored well. Was there any pitting on yours before the plater worked them? My console shifter had some pits but the plater got rid of them with copper Pre plate work and it came out nice.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks guy's just another mild stone done. Can check them off the list and move on to other parts of the car.
Bezels look great. I have 3 sets with 2 Bezels that I hope can be restored well. Was there any pitting on yours before the plater worked them? My console shifter had some pits but the plater got rid of them with copper Pre plate work and it came out nice.
Yes their was pitting on these. Like you say with the copper plating then chrome they got rid of it also. I am impressed with the job they did.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Here is the tail light's with the argent agent on them one with the tape off and waiting for the other one to dry before peeling the tape off. Did get some pin stripe plastic tape to do the line off. It worked grate. 1/4 inch like Bob stated. Used 3/4 yellow to tape off what I did not want to spray. Waited about 30 minutes before peeling tape. So here is one finished and one waiting to pull the tape. IMG_0102 (1).JPG IMG_0101 (1).JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes thanks to Droptop and 69 hemi I was able to pull it off. Did not do to bad for an old cracker. Now to put them into the car. :beep:

Back