• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch pedal over center spring.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well as you guy's know moving along on my runner. Put the clutch pedal and all in the car. Hooked up every thing to the clutch pedal and pushed the clutch in. Oh no it is really tough on my leg. So decided to try and put the over center spring back on the pedal. Not having much luck getting the bolt to line up on the pedal. Any ideas on how to get the bolt back in. Just about ready to just put it back like I had it. Russ.

droptop

Reaction score
Put the spring in a vise. Bend the spring to the side and start filling the gaps with washers. Bend the opposite way and fill them equally. Keep doing this until you get the spring long enough to bolt in place. Then simply pull the washers out.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Put the spring in a vise. Bend the spring to the side and start filling the gaps with washers. Bend the opposite way and fill them equally. Keep doing this until you get the spring long enough to bolt in place. Then simply pull the washers out.
Same thing he was told over on FBBO...

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks droptop. After two day's and exhausted/ frustrated to say the least. Got that same info. Took my cherry picker or motor lift and expanded the spring used four half inch steel washer's in different places. It went on with a little hand pressure. Expanded the spring with the clutch pedal and they did not fall out but could slip the washer's out with no problem. Thank you for answering my question. Your advice would be a grate help to other's. I did think their would be more guy's here that would have given me advice on my question for sure. But I have this wrote down in my book for latter reference. So now the pedal is a little better on my leg pushing the clutch in. LOL.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Your did for sure. I even looked in old post but did not find any thing. Appreciate your in put. Russ.

Back