• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

consumables

mjoyner408

Reaction score
i have a simple question... where do ya'll get you light bulbs and what are the bart numbers? i think i am going to start with all fresh stuff. 1/2 of mine are dim and the other 1/2 are out so i figure lets just start over. i have prefer napa but we also have auto zone, advance and o'rieles. i assume the blinkers and the reverse lights are pretty straight forward but what about the rear lights, head lights and bright? if your parts stores are anything like mine the last thing you want to say is 69 anything so if someone has some part numbers handy that would be great. i searched but did not find anything. thanks for the help!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I get my light bulbs, and anything else(water pump,spark plugs,etc) at my local Car Quest. It's a faily owned busniess,run by the second and third generations. I remember going there with my Dad. If he doesn't stock a part, he can have it for me the next morning. Way better than Autozone,etc, where more likely than not, the kid behind the counter only knows what the computer is asking him.

mjoyner408

Reaction score
i do not know how i missed that. thanks for the link! i am headin to the parts store!

we have a store like the one you are refering to. it is a family store and it is open 7 days a week... 7am untill midnight everyday! i have been in there many a night at 11pm for something.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
On my Scamp I've replaced all my 1157's with 2357's ..... same bulb, just a bit brighter.

http://www.gadgetjq.com/brakelight_replacement.htm

Hey Chris, do the brighter bulbs throw off more heat? I see alot with the Lionel Trains, alot of guys use lower wattage bulbs because they last longer, but throw off less heat, which is important since the light covers are plastic too like our cars. I wouldn't think the taillights could get hurt, but maybe the turn signals lens?

Back