• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Continuing Work on the 68 Roadrunner

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
The car has come a long way from when I got it. The body is nearly finished being constructed with just a few more trouble spots to fix and some panels to weld on.
PalmerCamera-2-3.jpg

PalmerCamera-3-3.jpg
PalmerCamera-1-4.jpg

After spending all my time on the body since 2 winters ago, I decided to take a bit of a break and work on getting the suspension restored so that once the body is done, I can just bolt on the main components and roll around the body. I first worked on sandblasting the original 8-3/4 axle housing and k frame. These then were painted in the same red oxide primer as seen above ion the car, then after 2-3 coats of semi gloss black, they were finished.
PalmerCamera-6-2.jpg
PalmerCamera-18-2.jpg

PalmerCamera-17-2.jpg

Nice and shiny! I am not sure if this is how the finish was originally, I believe that they were painted a more matte black, but I like it.

Now I am moving on to the leaf springs. I have them in my sandblasting tent (harbor freight 10x10 tent) ready to be stripped to bare metal.

PalmerCamera-14-2.jpg
After I get them all painted I have a full rebuild kit for them to get them ready for installation... which should be soon.

-Mr. Moe-par

dmartin

Reaction score
The old stuff is way better than the new stuff you get now a days looking good big guy

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Did you find black paint in the springs? They came both black and natural

Back