• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

corner filler placement.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hello all you bird lovers as you know that I am restoring a 69 runner. I am at the package tray area and filler panel. So much is rusted away where the corner filler goes that a lot of the frame structure is gone. Dose the corner filler weld to apart of the structure or dose it become apart of the structure. If any one has pic's of this area would appreciate it. Russ. :)

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Only if I could find it. The metal behind the corner filler is rusted out and cant figure if it had a lip on it from the outer skin or it had a lip on it to weld part's to. Looked all over U Tube but no one has pic's of this area that is clear enough to see how things went together. Russ. :realcrazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I might have a picture but I'm not sure what you are talking about

quikbird

Reaction score
It was fairly recent, and by recent I'm thinking about 4 months ago, car was blue I think but he had some good pictures of that rear shelf area and how it went back together that you would find helpful

Smokngun

Reaction score
If you need some detailed pictures my cars sheet metal is done and there is no interior in it yet. Send me an example pic of what you want and I can duplicate it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
IMG_0101 (1).JPG IMG_0102 (1).JPG IMG_0108.JPG Here are the pic's of where I was talking about. Where corner filler's should go above package tray extension's.

quikbird

Reaction score
I know there are some support pieces come up from wheel tubs but that is about all I know of this area

dmartin

Reaction score
Hey Russ I don't know if they make those pcs but if they don't it's metal you can make anything and it will not be seen either when you get your interior done

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey Bob. Think I will start building an ark it is raining so much here in Fl. and their is more to come. :steering:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That's a mixed bag, cools you off but raises the humidity when the sun comes out.

quikbird

Reaction score
now what do you know about humidity???? you guys start talking sauna at anything over 10%. us macho he-men who live where it is 70-80% humidity most of the time laugh at you! Hah!! :poke:

dmartin

Reaction score
Yeah here in Ga. the humidity gets pretty bad, so much it will frizz your hair if you have any

Back