• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60 Upgrade

TOMRR

Reaction score
My plan is to upgrade my 69RR to a Dana 60. I have a 83/4 with a 4-speed and the bigger yoke, My ? Should this just be a bolt in situation Same driveshaft .

Thanks Tom C.

droptop

Reaction score
Drive shaft is different. Everything else should be a bolt in swap. I went with the Strange S60 from DrDiff. The most bang for the buck. All new with a 12 month warranty for $2350.

Last edited:

quikbird

Reaction score
Agree. Drive shaft is about an inch shorter. According to fsm. Big question is are you pushing enough horsepower that you need to do this upgrade or just want to? Either answer is good but if don’t need to why do it

RKNRLR

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my 8 3/4/ also, ended up going with the Dutchman housing, only because it was going to cost an arm an a leg to get the strange gear out here. After the stuff around from the local diff shop, I think if I could do it again, I'd go the S60 option. I think Dr. Diff has it listed on his website, pick nad choose options like a shopping list.

Back