• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60

Goon

Reaction score
What is the going price for a complete Dana 60 4:10, out of a 1969 440-6pak Super-Bee?
Have the opportunity to buy one.
Thank You

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why take a chance on someone else's 50 year old parts that may or may not be any good? You can buy new for just a little more. Built to order at Moser.
:yeathat:

If you needed it for an A12, Hemi, or an axle package car then I get it. Otherwise I'm with Harold on this one.

Goon

Reaction score
Maybe if I get it at a reasonable price, i'll use it for trade down the road. He pulled the Dana out of a car 30+yrs ago, for a future project that never happened. I was looking at all the sites you guys suggested, if you add all the options i'm into $3 +grand already. Anyways, would I have to get a different drive shaft also. I am using a Dennys steel shaft now.
Thank you for your advice, i'll probably get the full TTI 3" exhaust and an overdrive instead.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So what do you have in it now is it the 8 3/4 original rear end. Wonder what you are trying accomplish for drag or durability. Russ.:wave:

Goon

Reaction score
8 3/4 489 casing 3:23 sure grip. had to take out the 4:30's, couldn't keep it between the light poles with 15year old tires(LOL) Will be for durability, but I do love RED lights. With 585hp & 622lbs of torque its hard to be nice, I've waited almost 14yrs for this. I'll take it to dragstrip this year to see what numbers I turn. 13.9's at 100 with 383 & 3:91 gears 24 years ago.(broke a tooth on ring gear that night)

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
440 with two holey double pumper's Muns four speed hurst shifter with 4.11 rear end ran top 10 in a duster. We also in stalled a quick change rear out of a truck so we could cruse and not burn a lot of fuel know it was equal to 4.11 low and can't remember what the top where but good on millage. Looking a the gear vendor for mine in the feature and the spool rear end in classic industries. Well good luck and have fun your buddy. Russ.:cartman: So where did that beer assistant Go !!!###!

RKNRLR

Reaction score
8 3/4 489 casing 3:23 sure grip. had to take out the 4:30's, couldn't keep it between the light poles with 15year old tires(LOL) Will be for durability, but I do love RED lights. With 585hp & 622lbs of torque its hard to be nice, I've waited almost 14yrs for this. I'll take it to dragstrip this year to see what numbers I turn. 13.9's at 100 with 383 & 3:91 gears 24 years ago.(broke a tooth on ring gear that night)

Im also running an 8 3/4 with 3.55's, and looking to punch out similar numbers. do you reckon this axle setup would be sustainable over the long term? Got this Dana 60 pipe dream that I just cant get outta my head

quikbird

Reaction score
many racers used the 8 3/4 in the day. it might need a brace on the case to keep flex down but is very durable

Goon

Reaction score
I've read that an 8 3/4 stock can handle up to 500 hp. to be on the safe side going to go with the Dana 60, if I was using BF Goodrich tires I would still keep it, but since I have drag radials and get way way better traction, I don't want anything to go BOOM!!!!

RKNRLR

Reaction score
many racers used the 8 3/4 in the day. it might need a brace on the case to keep flex down but is very durable
yeah im already getting some axle cramp, and ive got a full 3"system on the way and a 950 holley to go on.

not helping that the guy I bought it off has the reaf leaf springs almost flat, with only 3 leaves.

Whats this brace you speak of? Ive heard a few different ideas, but nothing really concrete

Back