• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Pad restoration

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
If you decide to just get a new pad watch for the knock off. The metal one's are not cheap. Found some for sale that where less money and was told it was metal core. Wrong it is a foam type fiber glass core. So you can not tighten the bolt nuts to tight or you will pull the fastening bolt's out putting it on the dash. Oh well after buying it will put it in for now. Good luck on getting yours redone. Russ. :popcorn2:

Anthony69Runner

Reaction score
If you decide to just get a new pad watch for the knock off. The metal one's are not cheap. Found some for sale that where less money and was told it was metal core. Wrong it is a foam type fiber glass core. So you can not tighten the bolt nuts to tight or you will pull the fastening bolt's out putting it on the dash. Oh well after buying it will put it in for now. Good luck on getting yours redone. Russ. :popcorn2:
I'm going to have the original one restored. I like to have original parts. I'm waiting for my speedometer cluster to be restored.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
With you on the original part's but I did not even have a dash pad. :lol: Lucky to have the dash. Lot of stuff was take off this car. Guess to paint it but man having to buy every thing you can think of for the interior of the car. Well good luck Just Dashes is highly recommended. Russ.

69bfan

Reaction score
We have been using the dash pads as provided from ABC Moparts. The pads are built around the original metal cores and are the correct size. Graining is very close to the originals and they are the correct size. Some of the reproductions are not even the correct size and as others have mentioned, they are built around a fiberglass frame. These units are more expensive than a cap and less than the "Just Dashes" recovering.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Where is instrument specialties at Anthony. I call the Mr. Tach and he said that they weren't doing roadrunner speedos any more. Some guy in New York said he did them but the price was out their. So stuck looking for some one to go through Odometer.

Anthony69Runner

Reaction score

Anthony69Runner

Reaction score
F2827B6F-5B7D-4F66-B72C-849971DB47F9.jpeg
Where is instrument specialties at Anthony. I call the Mr. Tach and he said that they weren't doing roadrunner speedos any more. Some guy in New York said he did them but the price was out their. So stuck looking for some one to go through Odometer.
I just got my speedometer today.

Back