• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Paint

Ranger

Reaction score
Ordered and received a set of defroster vents. Can 't find a paint color to get a close match (I'll settle for close). It was a B5 (might be B3 now, but the interior is blue and has not been changed. The dash is hard to see in this pic, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. It's a pretty dark blue. Any recommendations other than a custom mix $35 can?

RR Interior 2.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm going to guess B7. Totally auto would have it but talk to them. Oh and make sure they fit, I had to do a little adjusting for my valiant vents before paint.

A12

Reaction score
Ranger is the dash (and vents) the same shade or color as the steering column or darker?

The interior color paint chart for 1969 calls for Baltic Blue Poly - 13705 (Code Shown is Ditzler #)

1969-plymouth-pg021.jpg

1969-plymouth-pg021.jpg

Last edited:

Ranger

Reaction score
It's much darker than the column. You can just sort of see the difference (darker color) in the sun shade over the instrument panel.

Ranger

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Rapid Transit. Can't go wrong for the price. Might even redo my kick panels.
1177 Dark Metallic Blue looks pretty close.

EDIT:
On second thought, shipping is almost $15 for a $17 can of paint. Think I'll just stop in at Keytone http://www.ketone.com/ down the road from me. They can scan it and custom match the color for the same price.

Last edited:

Ranger

Reaction score
Well after talking to Keytone, they can do it, but it would be a bc/cc paint and thus be glossy. For the same price, I think I'll go with Herbs and get a paint made for the dash. Even if the color is not exact, it will be close (enough).

Ranger

Reaction score
Update:
Bought the paint from Herb's Parts. Color match was very close. (Thank you Rapid Transit). Herb's gets a :thumbsup:

Defroster vents are in and looking good. NEVER want to do that job again.

Back