• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash switch bezel restore - any preferred/perfected methods

Skingjack

Reaction score
Looking to restore the dash switch bezel on my 69 ... can anyone share any tips and tricks on how they did theirs without having to send out?

Also, is there any reason why this particular piece would have a round circle with a radio fader balance metal overlap piece- most of the bezels I've seen with the 3 right
hand switches include the rear defog option/convertible top switch with the usual washer/wiper as the far 2 right switches. The rear defog option/convertible
top switch is typically similar in shape to the wiper switch and located to the immediate left of the washer switch.

Thanks,

Jack

IMG_0105 2.jpeg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Strip the paint off and paint it semi flat black and get a small white paint pen for the lettering.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Use a pencil eraser on a new pencil. Too apply the paint to the letters. There is a guy that sell's the paint to reproduce the wrinkle type paint. 4 Paint 1 I believe is where I got mine. Ph. number is 877-472-4681. Also had to order the dash paint out of California TCP Global is the company. Not cheap but dose a good job. Make it look original.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The wrinkle finish is in the metal of the switch panel. Your panel has been changed out if you don't have those options but they did put a fader in that location at least on the GTX that I know of.

Back