• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Desert Valley Kings

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
anyone watching DVPs show? It's pretty good. one nice thing is NOT having the boss running around screaming @#%$#@#@!!! we've got an impossible deadline you %$#@!@#$!!!! we gotta get this thing done. and no Foosensteining classics. Nice to see what they have sitting inthe yard too. spotted a '68 Charger and a '69 Coronet outside the office once.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
anyone watching DVPs show? It's pretty good. one nice thing is NOT having the boss running around screaming @#%$#@#@!!! we've got an impossible deadline you %$#@!@#$!!!! we gotta get this thing done. and no Foosensteining classics. Nice to see what they have sitting inthe yard too. spotted a '68 Charger and a '69 Coronet outside the office once.
Dave that's where I shop all the time, its about 15 minutes away. They are really proud of their stuff but the show is so fake and set up. Brian never walks out in the yard with me he takes my 2 bucks and lets me in. I watched a couple of shows and every thing they need is setting loose in a car and all the drama is set up, the boss is reading his lines, the auction they never take into account labor hours, its weak. But a fun place to stroll through :yesnod: They also have 4-or five yards 2 big ones like you see on the show.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you mean...I can't believe what I see on TV...... :eek: yeah, I figured it was staged,bt it's still better than watching Boyd Codditinton or Paul Sr screaming about deadlines.I'd love to stoll thru their place sometime. but talk about the carryone charges! definatly be a road trip home.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
you mean...I can't believe what I see on TV...... :eek: yeah, I figured it was staged,bt it's still better than watching Boyd Codditinton or Paul Sr screaming about deadlines.I'd love to stoll thru their place sometime. but talk about the carryone charges! definatly be a road trip home.

Your right about Boyd, but all these shows want to put deadlines on everything simply for drama. I watch the show once and awhile just to see if my car made it through the editing room, they shot a piece at a car show who knows if they will use it. I connected all the phone lines to old man McClures house years ago he was pretty cool his wife was a tool.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
i dont think i have seen this show yet.......what channel is it on....speed/hd channel?? and what night??

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the DVR set to record this but have been unable to watch any episodes yet...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet, and doubt that I will. I got soured on the other so called reality car shows with all the crap mentioned here so I just don't bother with them anymore. If it was a real show about how they do the it, done without the drama, then I might, just might, watch it!

droptop

Reaction score
If it is the show that I am thinking of they did on show on a '64 Barracuda. They need to do a little more research on the vehicles they are restoring in my opinion. They put on a 66 Formula S stripe and painted the grill black instead of body color. A little attention to details goes a long way in my book. :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
droptop said:
If it is the show that I am thinking of they did on show on a '64 Barracuda. They need to do a little more research on the vehicles they are restoring in my opinion. They put on a 66 Formula S stripe and painted the grill black instead of body color. A little attention to details goes a long way in my book. :cents:
That's the show :yesnod:

chapdog105

Reaction score
I've seen the show twice. I watched the T-Bird episode, and the Olds 442 episode.
I would agree that their restorations are not great, but it's fun to see it all come together.
I wish they would show more of the car restoration process as opposed to the marketing and advertising of auction.

It has to be difficult to take a week or two or footage and cram it into a 42 min. episode. No wonder it's all set-up...
I feel that the show pawn stars is the same way. It's so staged and fake that it makes you feel like their patronizing you. We're grown-ups, just cut the crap.

I would love to walk that place though.

chapdog105

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
Its on Discovery Wednesday nights at 8 or 9
now i know why i havent seen it.....welding school wednesday nites......have to get the old lady to record it
soon we will see bob on there wondering around

Spongebob needs to do something crazy to get on the show.
Maybe wear a costume to the yard to look for parts or something...

moparstuart

Reaction score
"]
moparstuart said:
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
Its on Discovery Wednesday nights at 8 or 9
now i know why i havent seen it.....welding school wednesday nites......have to get the old lady to record it
soon we will see bob on there wondering around

Spongebob needs to do something crazy to get on the show.
Maybe wear a costume to the yard to look for parts or something...[/quote]
Drive the hemi car & tell he wants to cut a big hole in the hood

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm going this week to poke around the A-bodies. But to give you an Idea of how it works the part of the yard where Joe blow pulls up in his collector or hot rod and Brian looks it over is closed. Parking is outside the gate :toetap: Reallity TV :basketcase:

Back