Does anyone know what this is

Electrical and Ignition

1. Darrell day

Darrell day Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Does anyone know what this is can’t find it on my wire diagram, and should it be hot to touch all the time

1358DFA9-F45A-4260-9270-34E8628A5B7E.jpeg

2. quikbird

quikbird Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Where did you find it?

3. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    Was it near the ignition switch if so it is the light timer for the ignition light if you have the light package. If not I don' know what it is

cbusters likes this.
  4. Rich B

Rich B Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2019
    To me anyways looks like a bi-metal turn signal/flasher plug in component. Those would get hot when the 2 metal contact points heat up to separate and open circuit. Can go defective of course and/or be out of calibration.

Out of the Navy my first job in electrical field; used to repair and cal the machines that tested those at Sylvania; dead end job but a transition, forgot all about that.

3 terminal, seems would be 12VDC pos & neg to heat bi-metals parting contacts and other terminal to be switched on and off.

Russ69Runner and RonLiv like this.
  5. dmartin

dmartin Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    It looks like the time delay relay I bought one and it got so hot it started to smoke so I threw it right in the trash not going to burn my car to the ground cause of a $8.00 part

Russ69Runner likes this.
  6. Big John

Big John Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke

Sep 8, 2008
    Light timer for the ignition switch light. It will be warm to the touch when the door is open and the light is on. Shut the door and it will go off in a few seconds.

Russ69Runner likes this.