• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know what this is

Darrell day

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is can’t find it on my wire diagram, and should it be hot to touch all the time

1358DFA9-F45A-4260-9270-34E8628A5B7E.jpeg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Was it near the ignition switch if so it is the light timer for the ignition light if you have the light package. If not I don' know what it is

Rich B

Reaction score
To me anyways looks like a bi-metal turn signal/flasher plug in component. Those would get hot when the 2 metal contact points heat up to separate and open circuit. Can go defective of course and/or be out of calibration.

Out of the Navy my first job in electrical field; used to repair and cal the machines that tested those at Sylvania; dead end job but a transition, forgot all about that.

3 terminal, seems would be 12VDC pos & neg to heat bi-metals parting contacts and other terminal to be switched on and off.

dmartin

Reaction score
It looks like the time delay relay I bought one and it got so hot it started to smoke so I threw it right in the trash not going to burn my car to the ground cause of a $8.00 part

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Light timer for the ignition switch light. It will be warm to the touch when the door is open and the light is on. Shut the door and it will go off in a few seconds.

Back