• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dominator problems

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
primary side of dominator....rev it up and when she backs down to idle gas dumps out vent tube.....what would cause that?....thanks ...

earlier today when the gas was gushing out the vents i noticed gas coming out the primary squirter like its was boiling...it would squirt then stop then did it like 4-5 times....engine was off and everything was shut down when it was doing it.......it was 90 degrees here today.....the power valves are brand new....just put them in today....no back fires either.....just stumbing as i am jumping into it.....then it takes off.....what i dont get is after driving it....shut it off for about 10 minutes.....started up fine and jumped into it and died after 100 feet

Another problem is the fuel at this time of year,
if its been real warm there(ambient temps) you
probably still get winter fuel which can be as high
as 15 RVP and it tends to boil REAL easy in heat.
Summer fuel is closer to 8-9 RVP (RVP is Reid Vapor
Pressure) the higher the number the more pressure
it builds alone with easy boiling, the high vapor
is made to generate vapor easier for cold winter
starting/running

this was my problem...winter blend...the next day when it was 50-60 degrees the hemi ran like a top and no problems since....i never heard this before....wow you learn something everyday

george68hemirr

Reaction score
i want to share these problems and show you the fix......it was amazing it was the fuel....winter blend...lower boiling point...which made my car run hotter...200/210....but then again it was only 90 degrees

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Great info George. Never heard of winter vs. summer fuel.......

I have. It's one of the excuses the oil companies use to jack the price up i the spring.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Unfortunately it isn't just a gimmick - you can thank our government's EPA regulations for this. It is an excuse for the refiners to jack us up every spring and fall but ultimately its the fault of our tree huggers in DC for causing this heartburn in the first place.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Hoosier Bird said:
Great info George. Never heard of winter vs. summer fuel.......

I have. It's one of the excuses the oil companies use to jack the price up i the spring.
That's for sure, I just filled the Runner and gas went up 4 cents since last Wednesday! Here we go! And I've heard that about blends. Ct just stopped using one of those for the winter blend because it was causing environmental problems.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, it's real. but how come it seems like they're still doing the "winter blend" into spring?

george68hemirr

Reaction score
its because the bulk of the winter blend hasnt all been sold yet....people arent driving as much with this economy thing going on...bullshit!!!!!!!!!

Back