• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

door hinge advice needed 68 B body

Larry Chilese

Reaction score
My 1968 Road Runner drivers door hinges need replaced. Can you drill out the mounts and put in the aftermarket bushings and pin available -or should you weld them up and re-drill or just replace the whole mess with new repros? Any advice appreciated.

quikbird

Reaction score
If the bushings are worn, get the rebuild kit. If the hinge itself is shot get a repro, no one will see it and it looks like the original anyway

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Don't remember but when doing mine was looking for those roller's that keep the door open. Found a guy that rebuilds them. Would not sell me the roller's. Computer is a grate tool.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Say Mopar Dan even after putting the kit in mine the driver's side still need's dent's. Tried to find them but no luck. Only one guy had them and he rebuilds the door hinges. But would not sell me the dent's. So some one has told me to put some JB weld in them. Have not tried that yet but probably will on the drive's side. Don't know if any one has tried this yet. Will post if that work's or not.

Back