• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door latch.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just wonder what you other guy's have done to the latch. Mine look like hell. The plastic piece in them is worn. Would like to replace it. Where to get something like that. Did you clean them and paint them to look like original or did you plate them some how. If you have any ideas would appreciate the feed back. Thanks Russ. Oh can't find new ones is the reason for asking. :BangHead:

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Which ones you talking about Russ? Interior or exterior

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Did they put a new piece of plastic in that is spring loaded. That piece looks pretty worn. Have surfed to see if I can find it but to no luck so far. Thanks I wrote the name down and see if they know where to get that piece of plastic. Also what I cost to do the plating. Thanks for the head's up.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Several years ago I bought new handles for my 77 power wagon, these appear to be very close although I did not lay them side by side with a set from a b body but they look very similar, has anyone attempted to install on an older car? The truck handles are plentiful and cheap

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I got the striker's off a truck parts store. Their the same as the runner. The latch is something not being reproduced. All I see is that stupid piece of plastic that is spring loaded in the top above the spur sprocket. It must be a guide of some kind to align the spur up with the striker.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Oh ok, I figured out what your talking about now, I'm a little slow today !!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
No problem. I have a hard time describing what the hell I am looking at. If you know what I mean. Rite now I am like a fog on hot rock's jumping from one thing to another. Paint this and while that is drying work on that. Then over here to another part in the dip tank. Then sand blast that. then back to paint. It is hard to be a one man Gang. LOL. Thanks should take some pic's that would help. But just don't always have time too. Appreciate all the help every one has done in information while work on this old rusted out piece of a Runner.

roadrunnerbob

Reaction score
there is a guy on Fbbo has a set for sale they are restored and look great if that helps

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks roadrunnerbob. I will check it out. If I could find out where to get that piece of plastic block which sure it is a aligner of some sort. They work fine just noticed that block was scored pretty good. :thumbsup2:

Back