• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door windows hard to roll up and down

criner28

Reaction score
The windows on my 69 RR are a little hard to roll up and down. What can I expect to find as the problem when I get inside the door. How difficult is it to correct issues like this? Thanks

TOMRR

Reaction score
the guide that goes in the vent window side may be bad.. You will have to pull vent and window to replace them and then adjust slide front a nd back. I replaced every thing in my 69 doors window related and took a bit of adjustment and some graphite to finely get them to go up and down easier , Still a little tight but I think will get better the more I used them When you pull vent window have some help to put back in the door glass and the vent have to go in as one piece . there is a guide alsothe could be bad in the back slide for the window. The only other thing may be bad window crank up , Can think what it is called could be bad , You could try some Lubricant on the that ,WD40 or some thing

Just notice you a Former Marine !!! Semper Fi

Last edited:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I would check the nylon rollers that are in the track on the bottom of the window to see what shape they are in.

Could be they are cracked, chipped do to old age or could even have dirt built up in tracks or the roller froze to the mounting stud?

TOMRR

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info. TOMRR, I sent you a message, not sure I did correctly. Semper Fi

Yep Got it ,Vietnam 1967-1968 3531/0311, 2/26 and 3rd Tank Bn. Glad I could be of some help !!!

PM Sent

Tom C.

Last edited:
Back