• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drip Rail End Molding...

CombatMedic80

Reaction score
A5C6F861-F9A5-4449-AB1A-6A048FA9DA6D.jpeg AA8AADF0-27C7-46F2-9AB1-EC68822A932F.jpeg Alright gents...

Bought a 6 piece drip rail molding kit from classic industries and installed it recently. After installing, there was still about a solid inch of exposed drip rail over the back window.

So I had a buddy shoot me a picture of his RR even though it’s a vinyl top. And sure enough, there is a piece that didn’t come with the kit, isn’t made with the kit and I can’t find it for sale anywhere but one shit pair on eBay.

Does anyone know exactly what these “J” pieces are called and where I can buy some new reproduction ones???

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes I have hung on to mine since the tear down. It looked like they where not out their except for used. If you try Stevens in Al. they have some things' then moparts. Or Tony's. Good luck.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how the end pieces get installed? I picked up a set at a local swap meet, since they are missing on mine. Started looking, and I think the top window stainless trim needs to be removed, but I cannot see how they are attached. Do not want to scratch up the car. Any help is much appreciated! I really need some type of step by step on this one. The other trim pieces are on, and it just looks unfinished without these...

Big Mo

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how the end pieces get installed? I picked up a set at a local swap meet, since they are missing on mine. Started looking, and I think the top window stainless trim needs to be removed, but I cannot see how they are attached. Do not want to scratch up the car. Any help is much appreciated! I really need some type of step by step on this one. The other trim pieces are on, and it just looks unfinished without these...
I just put mine on. I do not have the headliner or interior panels in the car. I had to loosen the screw at the rear of the pop out windows. the reason for that is so you can get to the rear screw on the chrome trim piece to allow the tab on the corner trim to slide between the body and the trim. If you look in the center of the corner piece you got there is a ss screw that screws it to the body. I do not know if a hard top is the same as a post car. The corner goes under the drip rail moulding. Hope this helps you.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That piece came with the new trim that was purchased. Held on to the old ones with the old trim. Don't know which I will use the old one's or the ones that came with the new trim one's.

Reaction score
B3F619D6-BDF8-4BD1-8231-EA7661A405C0.jpeg 17E4D771-1465-49F1-8EAB-E30FA7A009D6.jpeg Got them in. Had to loosen the channel the weatherstrip for the window is in. Once I figured that out, it was relatively painless. Cannot go without them anymore, since the drip rail gets pretty scrapped up, but no plan to remove them now. Thanks for help!

Back