• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

drive shaft yoke

darm

Reaction score
Should drive shaft yoke be too hot to touch?
I replaced ujoints because of highway speed vibration still have vibration.
Thanks

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Which yoke is hot the one at the transmission or the rear end. The vibration could be in the rear end. Don't take it for sure just a thought.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If its the same temp as the transmission then your ok unless you have transmission problems

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes that area is probably going to be hot like 69hemibeep said. When you put the universal bearings in did you keep every thing the same. I always mark the yoke's to make sure they go back the way they came off. It might not make a difference but that is what I do. Good luck finding the vibration they can be hard to locate. :thumbsup:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So where do you feel the vibration when your driving. May be a bad tire or wheel bearing. Just asking. Also do you here a sound of some sort. Do you have manual or auto transmission. Russ.

darm

Reaction score
Tires are new,automatic transmission and feel vibration around console area
starts about 50 mph and gets worse at 95
wheel bearing are good
thanks Don

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Check the trans mount and also get ahold of both yokes and shack them to see if you have any play

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I would also check motor mount's. Might not be broken but has wear on it. Like Bob say's transmission hanger also. :kartman: It is always something.

Back