• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual speakers in the front.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Has any one found a place to mount dual speakers in the front. Dose not look like the kick panel area has enough area to put them in. Thought some of you had found the place to mount them. If you have any ideas would appreciate feed back. Russ. :BangHead:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I thought someone would have an answer to this. Well guess I am on my own. Have to drag out the drawing board and do some thinking. :kartman: So this will take a least a case of beer to figure this one out. Beer assistant now where the heck did she go????? (*&&^$$&&))^^^

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is a thought. May be can be mounted under dash once it is in. I do like surround sound. No Boom box or loud base. Just like to here the music clearly. :thumbsup2:

1968 man

Reaction score
Bose makes a nice wireless speaker that sounds real good even under the seats . That’s what I used to keep from cutting my door panels .and they are hidden out of site .

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Factory put them in the dash with the 8 track option but they were little

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Factory put them in the dash with the 8 track option but they were little
I saw some thing like that when surfing the web. The also had one speaker housing with dual cones with separate wiring for each side I saw. Thanks hard choice.

1968 man

Reaction score
One of my 70 road runners has the two speakers in the dash and they are very small but with todays technology I don't think size matters in this case lol .

HD539

Reaction score
I tried a dual cone speaker that fit where the original AM speaker fit. It wasn’t worth the effort in either sound quality or the hassle to put it in. I think it would have been better to go with some of the other options mentioned. The main issue was the sound quality just wasn’t there.

Big Mo

Reaction score
I saw some thing like that when surfing the web. The also had one speaker housing with dual cones with separate wiring for each side I saw. Thanks hard choice.
Russ, I tried the one speaker housing with duel cones but I could not get my heater control unit to fit in place. Part of the control hit one of the speakers. Please understand I did not buy a speaker I removed the oem and bought two 3 1/2" speakers made a sheet metal plate for the oem speaker opening put the little speakers in and all went well until I tried to put the heater control in, so I put a single speaker back in because I didn't like the sound of the two in one speaker you talked about. I have listened to some really small speakers of today and if need to I will mount two of them under dash out of sight.???

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
One of my 70 road runners has the two speakers in the dash and they are very small but with todays technology I don't think size matters in this case lol .
Ok I get the message. It not the size that count's it my way of getting on and off that get the job done. :thumbsup2: I agree with the speaker thing too.

Back