• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dyno day

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
How did it do on the dyno test. Like too see some numbers. Looks really good. Just was wondering. What cfm is the carb.

Lil 383

Reaction score
Developed a leak on the rear seal since fixed. It has an 800 cfm Thunder series Edelbrock.
After a day of testing and tuning we were able to get it well over 550 ft lbs and 550 hp. Yeah, it’s not what it appears to be.
Bill

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sorry about the leak. At least you can fix it now while out of the car. Good numbers on the 383. I am hoping to get 400 HP out the one I just had rebuilt. Did not want to go into a Stroker motor. It will give me enough HP with an A/C car.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
nice hp and tq numbers.....its the best way to go doing the dyno before you drop her in.....had the same problem plus they pushed up my pan and oil pump leaked also......great job......good luck

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Nice looking engine and thanks to both of you for the dyno specs. Here's a rookie question. In doing the search on my 383 engine numbers, 2468130 – 1959-1971, 383 B-series big-block. I believe it's a replacement. my car was released in Jan of 68 and engine stamp is Dec of 68. Looking at the pics of your engine, my exhaust manifolds are different. Take a look, What does this mean?
And Russ, I apologize for giving false info on a shifter question you had in the recent hurst shifter post. This is the A833 four speed overdrive out of a mid 80's truck or cargo van. The shifter is obviously towards the rear, not the more to the front as I misstated .
upload_2021-3-11_11-5-37.jpeg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
nice hp and tq numbers.....its the best way to go doing the dyno before you drop her in.....had the same problem plus they pushed up my pan and oil pump leaked also......great job......good luck
Holy chit! Look what the cat dragged out of the woods! How ya doing Georgie?!?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Nice looking engine and thanks to both of you for the dyno specs. Here's a rookie question. In doing the search on my 383 engine numbers, 2468130 – 1959-1971, 383 B-series big-block. I believe it's a replacement. my car was released in Jan of 68 and engine stamp is Dec of 68. Looking at the pics of your engine, my exhaust manifolds are different. Take a look, What does this mean?
And Russ, I apologize for giving false info on a shifter question you had in the recent hurst shifter post. This is the A833 four speed overdrive out of a mid 80's truck or cargo van. The shifter is obviously towards the rear, not the more to the front as I misstated .
View attachment 33892
It is all good Rumrunner. Just to say the trans. is in and got down to installing the shifter on it in the car. I goes into reverse well. My Exhaust Manifolds are different HP type I think. So have fun with the motor. Buddy.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Nice build. I always like dyno day. It's like that everyday at work. We dyno hundreds of engines every week. One of mine going to dyno day.

rsz_20160414_201129.jpg

MoparDan

Reaction score
View attachment 33892
I'm confused, your picture shows the shifter in the front (correct for a roadrunner) position.

Back