• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Choke

Anthony69Runner

Reaction score
I have a edelbrock 750 carb 1411. How do you wire the electric choke to. Edelbrock says not to wire it to coils,ballast or the alternator. They told me to the fuse block or can you come off the ignition switch. Does anyone have pictures how they did this.

Thanks Anthony

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well I will say this their is a plug on the right side of the motor on my 383. Don't know for sure. I got the holey with the electrical choke. Did not have my motor running long before she went into the shop. Just long enough to give it a tune run in some new oil. Changed that oil and drove it into the shop. Pretty sure it has 12 volt to it with the key on. You know their is a wiring chart if I am not wrong in Manuals. Some one else may know this answer. Sorry buddy. :beep:

quikbird

Reaction score
Buy the manual. Advice on the web has a good chance of being wrong. I’ve used mine so much I think I need a new one. It is also available as a disc. Company is Bishkek I think.

Anthony69Runner

Reaction score
Well I will say this their is a plug on the right side of the motor on my 383. Don't know for sure. I got the holey with the electrical choke. Did not have my motor running long before she went into the shop. Just long enough to give it a tune run in some new oil. Changed that oil and drove it into the shop. Pretty sure it has 12 volt to it with the key on. You know their is a wiring chart if I am not wrong in Manuals. Some one else may know this answer. Sorry buddy. :beep:
I wired it to the accessory in the fuse box. Works perfectly now.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That's grate. Glad you got it working. I am still learning also. But it wont be long and I will be asking question's on the wiring also. Now go out and drive it. :steering:

dmartin

Reaction score
I don’t hook anything to the ballast resistor cause it doesn’t take much to break them and if your out and about and it is dark and it goes bad your out of luck if you don’t have another one

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I don’t hook anything to the ballast resistor cause it doesn’t take much to break them and if your out and about and it is dark and it goes bad your out of luck if you don’t have another one
That's why I always had at least one, if not two extras in all 3 of my cars, 'cause you never know when one will fail.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Actually I've been pretty lucky with the resistors. I replaced one in my '74 Duster and then in the late 90's when I had one go bad in a '65 Satellite I had. Other then that they've been reliable.

Back