• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric paint sprayer

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting an electric paint sprayer to paint my car. I was planning on using my air compressor to do the job but it seems all the spray guns need 13 to 15 CFM and my 2hp 10 gallon compressor puts out 6.4 CFM and I'm not about to buy another compressor. Does anyone have experience painting their car with one? It kind of makes sense to use an electric gun because you wouldn't have to deal with oil or water contaminating the paint and no need to filter that stuff out. You also wouldn't have to wait for the tank to fill back up while you're in the middle of painting.

MoparDan

Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who has painted a car with an electric paint sprayer. But if you need a larger compressor you could rent one. Just saying.

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who has painted a car with an electric paint sprayer. But if you need a larger compressor you could rent one. Just saying.
I suppose I could do that it would be cheaper. I was looking at this Fuji 5 stage Mini-Mite Platinum sprayer and thought it was interesting.

Back