• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric power steering

oscar holland

Reaction score
thinking about electric power steering heard about flaming river offers one what will fit under dash anyone expert in thus?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
New to me. changed my post after looking at it

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Is it electric assist with a shaft? Guess I need to pull the site up and look the pictures are to small to tell

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Can't find any reviews just make sure you have a good power source, the hemi alternator was ony rated at 37 amps thus the group 27 battery. I copied this from Hot Rod magazine "The system runs off of the ignition source, and draws only about 5 to 8 amps under ordinary conditions, and never more than 25 amps. If power is lost, it reverts to manual steering."

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
To me it is just another thing to go bad and have to fix. I will stay with the manual also. Have seen these and when they fail it is harder to steer than Manual. It feels like you going to brake your arm to turn it. Like when power steering fails try to turn that sucker. :praying:

Rich B

Reaction score
Still true, if it works- leave it alone. But it’s not too bad for an over steer/under steer condition, 3 modes to select from, don’t even realize it’s there. And I have no idea how my road runner steered but knew it was manual also. Never had a problem except cracked phenolic or plastic of the wood grain look steering wheel.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
My steering wheel was showing the metal under the plastic. Got the one with the half horn ring off the site and really liked that look. Russ.

Back