• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical Question

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Last week I noticed that one of my low beam lights was dimmer then the other. When I tried the highbeams I found that the high beam light is out, and that the low beam light also went out. It came back on with just the low beams on. Well, tonight when I got home I saw that the two high beam lamps were getting just enough juice to make the elements glow. If I pull either of the high beam plugs the glow goes away from the high beam lamps, and the dimmed low beam gets somewhat brighter. All of these are the Wagner, halogen lamps. Could this be a ground problem, or because that high beam lamp is out, or..... I hate electrical problems! Thanks in advance.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Last week I noticed that one of my low beam lights was dimmer then the other. When I tried the highbeams I found that the high beam light is out, and that the low beam light also went out. It came back on with just the low beams on. Well, tonight when I got home I saw that the two high beam lamps were getting just enough juice to make the elements glow. If I pull either of the high beam plugs the glow goes away from the high beam lamps, and the dimmed low beam gets somewhat brighter. All of these are the Wagner, halogen lamps. Could this be a ground problem, or because that high beam lamp is out, or..... I hate electrical problems! Thanks in advance.
Check the ground on the radiator suppert next to the lights.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Sounds like a ground problem to me too.

In my experience, 95% of the electrical problems with our cars are due to ground problems... either from corrosion or the grounding areas getting painted over when the rest of the car was being restored.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It was the ground. Or lack of it being screwed tight to the radiator support. I tightened the screw, and everything works as it should. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Back