• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Est. for bodywork

coyotekiller

Reaction score
I just got an est. for 31,200 to restore my car. I think I will have to pass on this.

dobie

Reaction score
Wow. I thought the $10k for mine was bad. However, if you add in all the money I spent prior to this year with the sheet metal and such, that's probably another $5k.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and not being nosey, but what would this shop be doing to your car for #31,000?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
I just got an est. for 31,200 to restore my car. I think I will have to pass on this.
That's good for a whole resto but ridiculous for body and paint :basketcase:

coyotekiller

Reaction score
The one for 31,000 is body and paint. No interior work. I would have to pull the motor, Trans, exhaust, and interior

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
check around, either that guy overpriced because he doesn't wanna mess with it, or he's nuts. just looking at pics, it doesn't look like it needs that much work.
I'm sending mine to a buddy that does body work on the side. He's going to put on my 1/4 skins, new trunk extensions, repaint it the original color. He told me $4k of I kept it yellow. another $700 the change the color.
Look at the work Dobie had done to his, alot less that your guys $30,000. Better deals are out there.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
What being done Vinny? Is there a lot of sheet metal being replaced? And is he using Gold flakes in the paint!!!!! :jester: I know someone who just had his Panther Pink Challenger done and that was over 50k, but he had a lot of sheet metal replaced, such as the back half of the car replaced, and I believe some floor work and motor rebuild also.

coyotekiller

Reaction score
both rear quarters a roof and a door skin and the trunk drop offs. then paint the whole car B5 Blue

dobie

Reaction score
I had a whole quarter, 1/2 quarter, trunk and extensions, trunk lid, and the entire tail section done. Then I added the primer/paint for everything minus the engine bay for the $10k. Again though, this doesn't include the $5k I had in sheet metal.

Both doors and fenders had some patch work too fyi.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
both rear quarters a roof and a door skin and the trunk drop offs. then paint the whole car B5 Blue
Vinny, I like the color choice :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
then paint the whole car B5 Blue

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :acme: :jester:

Back