• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excited about this Find

RonLiv

Reaction score
Pretty excited about this find. My Mom saves everything and sent this to me today. Its the temporary tag from my 69 Rag Top Runner that I bought in 1974. Serial Number RM27H9G130915. Originally Copper Brown, painted Y2 and added a Air Grabber from a wrecked GTX. Love to find her. Temp Tag.jpg

RonLiv

Reaction score
Contacted Galen Govier to see if he had anything in their registry, they did not. I suspect the car is in Mopar Heaven or sitting parted out in some lost junkyard.:praying:

RonLiv

Reaction score
Govier called me back, they do have a RM27 car the last three digits 919 sold by a dealer in Lancaster PA. My old car being 915.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Sorry to bore you guys about this. But I have to tell someone, thought this would be the most likely group that would find this at all interesting. My love of cars came from my Dad, who got it from his Father, my Grandpop. Pop was more fortunate than most and had a job through the depression working for the railroad. In his spare time he would repair friends and neighbors cars, all for free. This is where my Dad learned about cars. It was my Dad who helped my prep my car for paint, and we did a fair amount of work on the engine and Carburetor since the car sat for 2 or 3 years before I bought it. This Christmas while visiting home, my Dad who still loves to tinker (90YO) surprised me with a birdhouse, the roof made from the actual license plate from my Roadrunner. This one will never see any bird poop nor be outside hanging on a tree. I thought about putting it on my current car, but it just doesn't seem right. I have a vintage plate on it already I found on eBay. If I never find that car, I got some pieces of it, and the memories.20181231_190233 (3).jpg

RonLiv

Reaction score
Interesting development with the search for my old car. In PA the DOT came out with a web site available to dealers where they can search the ownership of a.car. So I had my buddy do a search on my old VIN and I now have the last owners name and the address. Thing is the registration expired in 1985. So either the car is long gone, which is what I suspect, or its in another State. So I'm going to try and find the guy somehow.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
May be it is in a barn and being kept. Only can wish. Good luck on the search. That is a long time ago.

Back