• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

exhaust outlet length

solid gold

Reaction score
Is there a standard length that the tailpipe extensions protude past the bumper? Is this a dumb question? :huh: Are is it just your preference?

V269

Reaction score
That look's about right where mine are too. You can move them in or out a tiny bit but not much. I know a guy with an original 69 car including tip's and that is where his are as well. The hanger's only mount in one place so you are limited on movement. Some aftermarket tip's may have the bracket mounted a bit differently so the placement may differ too. :cents:

solid gold

Reaction score
V269 said:
That look's about right where mine are too. You can move them in or out a tiny bit but not much. I know a guy with an original 69 car including tip's and that is where his are as well. The hanger's only mount in one place so you are limited on movement. Some aftermarket tip's may have the bracket mounted a bit differently so the placement may differ too. :cents:
Thanks, I think I'll leave em' right there!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
V269 said:

X2

Mine are original and look just like that...except for the patina and the dings and dents that they have.. :D

solid gold

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Looks good solid! :thumbsup:
Thanks. The car was kinda' messed up b4 resto, couldn't go by what was there! In a couple of weeks, maybe have the final pics! Just trying to take it a day at a time right now. :toetap:

Back