• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan shroud

Darrell day

Reaction score
i bought what was suppose to be a direct fit radiator for my 69 rr ,I also bought a new plastic fan shroud, there are 6 studs on the back of the radiator ,are they for the shroud or for brackets to hold the shroud . I bought car as a roller, didn’t have a radiator ,both parts say direct fit but shroud is way off

Al Fiandaca

Reaction score
22" or 26" radiator ? I believe you' ll need one radiator, one fan shroud and two brackets that mate the rad and shroud together.My brackets bolt to the sides of the 22" radiator with two bolts on each side

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
This is good to know. When getting this car the shroud was bolted to the radiator. After looking into classic industry book see the brackets for the radiator. I question these and did not know if I needed to get them so think I will wait till putting in the motor and all the plumbing. When you guy's figure it out let us know. :kartman:Now where is that beer assistant at ???????

Darrell day

Reaction score
The core measures 25inches so it must be a 26 inch rad. I find it odd that it would use brackets since it has the 6 studs where the shroud would go ,I guess I’ll buy a set and see,thanks for the help

Al Fiandaca

Reaction score
You may already have the brackets on your radiator, thus the studs.

Last edited:
Back