• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flag debate

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was pretty amazing how many Confederate Battle Flags were on display at Carlisle. They were EVERYWHERE. At least at that venue the silent majority was being fairly vocal... :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I compare the Stars and Bars to seeing the Swastika on a WWll plane . It's not screaming the Nazis were right or anything, just a piece of history. And if we forget the past we're condemned to repeat it. But then you throw in booze and stupid thinking, and things get twisted.

jays69bird

Reaction score
I was trying to explain it to my daughter. In the 70's and 80's no one thought about it ( the flag) being a racist symbol. It was either a sign of Southern Pride,or up here in the north it meant you were a rebel and didn't conform. I have seen quite a few of the flags flying here in upstate NY over the years,and on cars and trucks.

Ranger

Reaction score
I think it should be removed!

download

mcmopar

Reaction score
My take on all this is once again we have a knee-jerk reaction to something someone found "offensive". I neither support nor condemn the Confederate battle flag. It is a part of our history and can be used for either "good" or "evil". The same can be said for the Stars and Stripes. For some it is a symbol of national pride. For others, such as the Native American, it can be viewed as a symbol of hatred and duplicity. It is rather a matter of one's point of view. The rush to eradicate the Confederate battle flag will not change a single thing. The symbol may be expunged by the revisionists who believe that removing it will make everything better, but sadly it will do no such thing. In my opinion that is a naive and utopian point of view. Reality must be faced, accepted and dealt with. I find it tremendously ironic that those who spout "tolerance" every chance they get are the most intolerant of all toward anyone with a different point of view than what they espouse.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Lets get rid of all the confederate grave stones also :crazy: Its part of history, if history needs erased then slavery never happened. We have much bigger fish to fry and this is just a diversion.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
My take on all this is once again we have a knee-jerk reaction to something someone found "offensive". I neither support nor condemn the Confederate battle flag. It is a part of our history and can be used for either "good" or "evil". The same can be said for the Stars and Stripes. For some it is a symbol of national pride. For others, such as the Native American, it can be viewed as a symbol of hatred and duplicity. It is rather a matter of one's point of view. The rush to eradicate the Confederate battle flag will not change a single thing. The symbol may be expunged by the revisionists who believe that removing it will make everything better, but sadly it will do no such thing. In my opinion that is a naive and utopian point of view. Reality must be faced, accepted and dealt with. I find it tremendously ironic that those who spout "tolerance" every chance they get are the most intolerant of all toward anyone with a different point of view than what they espouse.

Amen.

Back