• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Floor pan replacement

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hello guys!

Have a little question for you all, I'm repairing the floor pan in the bird, and while I was cutting and forming new metal piece I just that I won't make it for the front section! there are too many little holes and big ones here and there. So I was sneaking around on the web and saw what I was in need for! And now what I want you to tell me is, what de you think about those (what about the quality)? And does anyone dealt with them before?
AMD don't do those parts they only make the extended one but I don't need it and I want to save money for the engine, and they look close to the AMD product here on pics

https://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MP-2371-RH

https://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MP-2371-LH

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hard to believe AMD doesn't do those since they have so much to offer. I just bought some cab mounts for my truck from Auto Body Specs. well made, nice heavy metal.

TOMRR

Reaction score
Both my front and back floor pans on my 69 RR came from Auto Body Spec, Worked Great .

Tom C.
0033.gif

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hello Sixtynine bird. This Russ69Runner. I have been buying my body part's from Auto body specialties they are the same thing. Same gauge of metal and in every way. Bought my upper and lower cowl peace's from ABS and hinge pillar post and lower cowl support. The part's look good and are coated. Just make sure you rough the coating with 80 grit sand paper before you spray your Epoxy primer that is hand scuff them. Well hope the project turns out all rite if you have been reading my post I am deep into a rust o ration my self. Well see you bird brother.:wave:

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
As always thanks everyone for your answers ;)

Basketcase I agree with you hard to believe, perhaps I didn't look well enough to find those at AMD don't know...

Thanks for the pic TOMRR, I see that you did great on your car and those looks good indeed!

Ok nice for the tip Hemibeep, because I just sent an e-mail to ABS and they told me that they do not ship to France, so I will probably go for the ones in the link you gave me, or will by at ABS then ship to a French fellow located in Alabama, I don't know how to say but his kind of a seller, for European we just have to contact him and tell him what parts we want and where we found them, and then he takes care to buy them and ship them to France.

Hello Russ69Runner. Nice to see that it worked great for your bird, and thanks for the tip too. Yep saw that your runner is bit ill indeed, but you are doing great, keep up like that and it'll be another great bird back on the road soon! :p
Progressing slowly on the bird, I have to share some pics on my post it's been 1month+ since I did!

thanks guys!

Last edited:
Back