• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Floor plugs

Big Block

Reaction score
Does anybody know where the hard plastic plugs go? in the floor boards holes by the seats, or in the trunk area? I have some plugs that are hard plastic and I have some plugs that are soft, one set goes in one place and the other set goes in the other. Its been too long since I took them out. Appreciate the help!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You know that is a good question. I have asked that before. I even called my buddy at part's mix they restore car's also. If you remember the rubber or soft ones where in the trunk. Other ones I read that where out where the frame is near the head light area that where soft. Maybe some one else will have an answer better than this.

Big Block

Reaction score
I appreciate the help on this. I didn't know if that made a difference on which plugs go in the holes in the floor or the trunk. thank you!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I don't know what I did with them. If the car was in the air I'd look but it's not.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunner restoration 117.jpg Most every thing in the trunk is plastic until you get above the spare tire area. Looking at pictures the only rubber I see in the floor pan is near the seat belt on each side

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
May be due to where the exhaust pipe's run. Do remember the trunk had rubber in places and not plastic. Maybe the rubber handles more heat than the plastic. Like the pics 69hemibeep. What wires are running up the inner fender well leading to the trunk. Is that the gas tank sending unit wires Also speaker wires. Just to say.

Big Block

Reaction score
Thank you hemibeep for the pictures of the floor where the plugs are. that helps a lot because I forgot, it's been over four years since I took them out of the car and putting them back now is challenging my brain! thank you a lot:thumbsup2:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
May be due to where the exhaust pipe's run. Do remember the trunk had rubber in places and not plastic. Maybe the rubber handles more heat than the plastic. Like the pics 69hemibeep. What wires are running up the inner fender well leading to the trunk. Is that the gas tank sending unit wires Also speaker wires. Just to say.
Along with lights. Everything to the back of the car is on the drivers side.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thank you. I just don't remember what went up to the package tray area by way of the inner fender well behind the back seat. Think the fuel gauge wire and the speaker wires. know that the tail light's traveled on through the frame and out along the drop down in the trunk to the tail lights and tag light. If you read this 69hemibeep please confirm this for me. Russ.

quikbird

Reaction score
you will find all the tail lights, turn signals, reverse lights, license light, gas tank sender plus the dome light wire running under the drivers side sill plate, the rear seat side panel and under the package tray. that is also what those little clips are for in the trunk floor on the drivers side

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I do remember something ran through the frame rail on the driver's side maybe it was just the dome light. Thanks quick bird.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes that is where I pulled mine out of was the A Piller post then through the upper frame rail. Just for got about whether the trunk wiring went that way also. But dose make it going under the door sill plate to run to the back. Good help buddy's. Russ. :BangHead:

Back