• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a GTX with a Rattle

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I was back in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods and Look what I find, this a one owner car bought, says in 68, he once used as Deputy Marshal to transport prisoners in, he was paid by mileage. This car was back Lost in Woods, hasnt been driven in over 40 years. You know the story dont want to part with, owner is 74 years of age.
So I get to askn bout the car can I look?, he says "Shor". I ask can I take some pics "Shor", then I ask can I open the hood and see the Super Comando under the hood,"Shor"
I open the hood and see that Super Comando Air Cleaner! "Luv It!" I get to moving around the car, and its got a giant rats nest on the motor I lean in and see something gold back at the base of the air cleaner. East Texas Slang "FNSnake!" Timber Rattler, I jump back he tells me he aint raised the hood in thirty years, He then ask "Wheres he be, I got my light off my belt and pointed him out, "He said Sho Enuf" He grabbs a shovel and begins jabbing that snake on the engine with that shovel, its striking back! Im like standing way back, that snake flips around onto the drivers side of the car inner fender and drops up under the car. So mutch for me seeing the drivers side. I told him Id be back this winter to look again. LOL....If you look hard at the pic just above the top heater hose you can see the rattler. As the Sgt Said on Hill Street Blues " Lets be careful out there":elmer:

0628171940.jpg

0628171931.jpg

0628171929b.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
What a crying shame such a power full car left to die. Looks like a tree dropped on it or some thing from space hit it. Sounds like you got the itch to buy this one. Hope he will part with it and the snake :lol:. Those rattlers are better than a pit bull for gardening your property. Thanks for the pics. Russ.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
car looked like it was in nice shape when parked. Wonder what the bottom looks like. I hate snakes. I drug a '67 Charger in once that had been sitting in the woods for over ten years. the area behind the back seats had a bunch of trim laying there. I was sitting in the back and reaching over and pulling the trim out. I grabbed a handful, and when I looked there was a snake skin mixed in. I shot outta that car and didn't go near it for a few days.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
car looked like it was in nice shape when parked. Wonder what the bottom looks like. I hate snakes. I drug a '67 Charger in once that had been sitting in the woods for over ten years. the area behind the back seats had a bunch of trim laying there. I was sitting in the back and reaching over and pulling the trim out. I grabbed a handful, and when I looked there was a snake skin mixed in. I shot outta that car and didn't go near it for a few days.

Yep, I know the feeling, Them snakes like rubbing against that metal... I don't deal well with them..Since Son N Law and I got back into the mopar flippin business I cleaned a lot of Nastiness out, Always alert for Wasps or snakes. We just pulled a 70 Charger Purple car in the other day, Full of Rat Droppings, almost have to suit up for it. I just hoping the rails are good on that GTX its sitting very low..

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wasp don't bother me anymore. when I was a kid I was allergic to bees, had to take shots just in case. a few times cutting up junk cars I got stung and I was over it. Now I go looking for them.Bees I have no problem with, but I hate wasps.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
wasp don't bother me anymore. when I was a kid I was allergic to bees, had to take shots just in case. a few times cutting up junk cars I got stung and I was over it. Now I go looking for them.Bees I have no problem with, but I hate wasps.

I was once told that every 7 years or so your metabolism changes and you could be allergic to something you weren't previous, like me poison oak or ivy not a problem as a kid, now into my 50's allergic to the stuff...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I got poison ivy a few times growing up, but never too bad. I went with my Uncle one to look at an old farm tractor from the '20s, that had sat so long a tree grew up between the frame and one of the rear steel wheels. while walking over to it he mentioned that there was poison ivy all around it. I put my hands in my pockets and didn't touch anything. couple days later I had it all over my hands.

dmartin

Reaction score
In my book the only good snake is a dead one unless it is Whitesnake

Back